epoxy on jug

I personally havnt heard of it being in the bottom of the jug... I have heard of them porting the transfer ports so far that they weld on the outside of the jug to add extra material, so I personally would be a little skeptical, however I have been out of the banshee scene for a little while so Im not sure. Its possible that some of the drag quads could have this, someone should chime in with some better info.

• 3 weeks later...

I think what theyre talking about is on the bottom surface of the intake side inside the cylinders. It was epoxy filled on mine as well to help to smooth the transition of fuel into the cylinders. I have also heard that this can cause the air fuel mixture to create droplets of fuel on the smooth surface, and screw up the mixture. Normally, with the surface being a bit rough, will cause the mixture to swirl around and keep the mixture correct.

All I know, is that Im really happy with my cylinders, they haul ass!

99.999% of 4 mils don't need trenching...bigger does. I've heard of a 5 mil that didn't need trenching, but since 4, 7 and 10 are common...that's what I'm going off of.

If it's bigger than 10 mil, you could see some epoxy under the rear of the cylinders, that's where it punches through. (You could see some on the bottom of the cases, depending on how hard you look)

But as said...if you get worm holes or boysen ports...they often epoxy or weld for more material.