Launching a stock swinger shee

ionroller

I am having problems launching my banshee???

Should I start in first and burn my clutch or put it in second and drop it

I have 21 inch ( I think mud shark) tires on the back at 3 PSI, pretty knobby.

Track will be either dirt after snowmobiles destroy the grass or a packed down wheat field.

Thanks

I always start in first on grass. I have a Stock swinger as well. Never had a issue. Pavement I start in second and Ride the Clutch out. Mud i start in second and dump it. 90% of the time im on grass dragging. Im yet to loose around my neck of the woods :confused: If i were you id start in first and play with the throttle until you get her rolling then grab second. Alot of guys i race just spin and not move anywhere due to over powering the terrain, By the time they get traction i have 25 feet on them and the race is alll over..

Edited by EvilBanshee

Seriously its all in the tires I ran the dunlop radials with lugs cut off. The pro wedges probably work better. I tried fucking around for along time tring to do things to get my shee to hook better in the grass and not spin. Dont waste your time get the tires that rip up a big ass chunk of dirt/grass as you dump it in second pinned. You will never be able to control your shees power down low because it has none with a dune port. So pro wedges and dump it in second. :headbang:

Depends on gearing and power. With my 15/41 I can't launch in 2nd unless I know it will spin. But a few practicing will let you know what you can or can not do.

With my override I don't lose much time launching in 1st. I usually have to let off cuz the front flies up.

Depends on gearing and power. With my 15/41 I can't launch in 2nd unless I know it will spin. But a few practicing will let you know what you can or can not do.

With my override I don't lose much time launching in 1st. I usually have to let off cuz the front flies up.

Yea basically.. gotta know what your bikes gonna do and hows its gonna react... And as you stated throttle control..

put that thing in 2nd gear and hold that throttle wide open and let the clutch out.. First gear is just to short.. Ill be flying by you while ur trying to bang 2nd gear.. trust me... ive wont countless$$$$ this way

Maby you just havent Raced anyone That can ride... :jesterlaugh: