New top end, starting problem

kxexvxixn

Alright guys I'm about my whits end. I'll start with some details. 00' Banshee new pistons and rings, adjustable timing plate(+4), and toomy pipes, stock everything else. I've got it back together and just can not get it to start. I have tried just about everything I can think of. I'm getting fuel, spark, and have good compression. Have tried two different cdi boxes, and stator ohms as good. It seems to fire every few kicks, smokes and even smells like it wants to start, but nothing. Is it possible for a stator to test good but not be enough to fire the bike. It has backfired twice while trying to start making me think something with timing maybe? Have tried kicking and pulling both to start but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas at all? This is driving me crazy..

Thanks in advance guys

Kevin

I knew I forgot to put some info in the first post. Yes choke tube is installed. I pulled the flywheel off to check the key, all good there. The pick up coil seems a little worn but tried the top of a spark plug box like some say to try and it seems ok. Haven't pressure tested for any leaks, but if there was a leak wouldn't the compression be down? Have went through and cleaned the carbs, floats are installed and adjusted properly, jetting is the same. What are you meaning by ohm plug caps?

try doing a compression test now...and let us know where its at. When you installed your pistons did you make sure the gap in the ring was lined up with the small pin in the ring-land? i only ask cause ive seen this fuck someone over before.....they pu the rings on wrong and it wouldn't start so they tried pull starting it and wound up having to get it re-bored and a new piston cause it scored the hell outta the both of them.....

let us know what your compression is now....it'll help with diagnosing...

i know im gonna get yelled at for this one.......but have you tried a LITTLE bit of starting fluid yet?

The problem with using starting fluid alot on a 2stroker is there's no oil in the starting fluid so its like running it without oil in your fuel.....it'll tear your shit up if your not careful with it.

The few times i have had to use it on 2-strokes ill take about a 1/4 ouce of 2stroke oil and pour it into the cylinder (helps lube for the starting fluid) then ill use a SMALL amount of starting fluid shot right into the carbs.

I have only seen it twice but flywheels go bad too and cause backfiring when the magnets meet up again in rotation,Pressure test it bro,good compression and a tight motor are two diffrent things,the guage has a shrader valve in so it hold the pressure in(one way).If you have spark why are you changing everything,a spark tester is cheap(inline) and tells the true story on the kick.do the reed cages look good.Is all the TORS wiring eliminated?Its really frustrating but youll get it