Best trail tires?

Boo

I'm in the market for some new tires, and I'm wondering what you all recommend for trail tires. Don't have crazy money to spend (unfortunately). Thinking about a tire/wheel combo b/c I need rims anyway. Hubby said don't go for radial? Any suggestions? Also, any suggestions on where to buy them? Thanks.

I'm in the market for some new tires, and I'm wondering what you all recommend for trail tires. Don't have crazy money to spend (unfortunately). Thinking about a tire/wheel combo b/c I need rims anyway. Hubby said don't go for radial? Any suggestions? Also, any suggestions on where to buy them? Thanks.

shop around. a few site sponsors might be able to help you out with a package deal on some. check out rockymountainatv.com....they have some good shit.

shop around. a few site sponsors might be able to help you out with a package deal on some. check out rockymountainatv.com....they have some good shit.

I got mine from ATV direct. Got ITP wheels and Holeshot GNCC's for 525 to the door (all 4). They are awesome trail tires!

Edited by VooDooBanshee

I got mine from ATV direct. Got ITP wheels and Holeshot GNCC's for 525 to the door (all 4). They are awesome trail tires!

Sweet. Those were the tires i was just looking at on RMATV. 6ply is the choice for trail riding...

All you need is a 4 ply tire for trails I ride in NY WV and PA all sorts of terrain and never had any issues

I run RAZRS all around and have no issues with them.....I am trying a set of dunlops next cause they were $40 a tire

They seem like they will be a good trail tire as well but pattern will wear slightly faster that the solid holeshot stud

So if you wanna spring for 6 ply go for it...if something wants to find its way into your tire....it will regardless

I have ITP Mud lites on my Big bear and have about 300 miles on it and had a hole in a few sidewalls already nothing i could not plug but still a problem

kenda knarlys on the rear work well.. cheap and long lasting

I run Kenda Klaws 22 X11X10 for ground clearance on ruts and logs and you can reverse the tires for hard pak and for soft and loose,so they work well all around riding.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a great deal on ITP Holeshots off Chapparal's ($417 for front and rear mounted on douglas .125), but cancelled the order. We're riding in NH the weekend of the 15th, so I NEED the tires by then. Guy I was on the phone with said they were in stock and I'd have them by the 8th. Called today to get a tracking number - turns out they AREN'T in stock, and I won't get them for 2+ weeks. So I found a deal for $470 on MotoSport.com for the same tires. Ground shipping is free, and if they're in stock, I'll get them in 3 days. Works for me. Am going to be getting TORS from Vito's. Just need to find a good deal on a seat now, and I'm good.

they don't seem to be really popular but I've had Pure Sport Bandits on mine for a few years. they are a really tough tire & work awesome in the woods, mud, or whatever. i really like them for an all purpose trail tire.