Twist Throttle is it worth it ?

If your thumb gets tired then just get an extended thumb throttle lever from Cascade. They're like 30 bucks for a brushed finish billet aluminum and for me it completely got rid of the thumb fatigue. After riding with the extended thumb lever on the Shee even my new YFZ tired me out so I got one for it too. A twister is kinda rough in patches of whoops if you get stuck in bumps and can't let off the throttle it could be bad. Another thing is it could be difficult to throttle it while turning the bars to the right. JMO.

Kyle

I love my twist throttle, but it depends on where you ride it...........if you ride in the woods and on bumpy trails, hold on tight cause your gonna pin it on accident at least once:shootself: Once you get used to it, youll love it just like these guys said, I'll never go back to a thumb throttle after putting this twist on my banshee:headbang:

I've used motion pro and streamline. Motion pro is easier to find extra cables for. Streamline feels smoother and the kit is $20 cheaper than motion. Streamline also comes with a braided cable. It doesn't take very long to get used to a twist, especially if you rode dirt bikes. Everybody either hates them, or loves them. I personally will never own a quad without a twist. Just my opinion

I've used motion pro and streamline. Motion pro is easier to find extra cables for. Streamline feels smoother and the kit is $20 cheaper than motion. Streamline also comes with a braided cable. It doesn't take very long to get used to a twist, especially if you rode dirt bikes. Everybody either hates them, or loves them. I personally will never own a quad without a twist. Just my opinion

I never had any problems with my twist throttle... I have waaaay more control on the twist throttle the the thumb.. Obviously many people disagree..But if used right and hand positioned the right way while riding... Best way to go in my book.. And Motion Pro twist throttles are the tits..

I think what type of riding your goin to be doin and personal pref.... I am old dirtbiker so i thought i would like twist but i dont like twist on shee same story, its hard to ride in woods with twist kinda surprising at times to say the least.. if all i rode was dunes or drag i would go twist tho..

I think what type of riding your goin to be doin and personal pref.... I am old dirtbiker so i thought i would like twist but i dont like twist on shee same story, its hard to ride in woods with twist kinda surprising at times to say the least.. if all i rode was dunes or drag i would go twist tho..

motion pro makes one, i've got one on mine and love it. it came with tors block off and new cable. all for 80.00

You gotta be crazy unless your just going in a straight line i guarantee you will wreck an atv with a twist throttle or at least come close, its not only the whoops, bumps and trail obstacles, but, on a dirtbike you sit upwards and squeeze the bike with your legs plus you dont turn the bars, you lean...so you can still hold on while throttling. On an atv you cannot lean, so you have to get all your weight to the inside and wrestle the handlebars sliding arouns a corner, they are bigger and heavier and you need your fingers to hold on, you simply cannot do that with a twist, dont listen to peoples opinions...take the atv companies that have been in business before these people were born...nuff said...

THUMB THROTTLE ON ATV ALLLL DAMN DAY !!!! :clap:

When I bought my shee the dude gave me a brand new Motion Pro one still in the box, so I tried it out. And let me tell you I couldnt get home fast enough to take that piece of shit off. Not that it didnt work right, but as said earlier they can be dangerous. Just to add I ride dirtbikes and I also own a Harley so I'm pretty accustom to a twist throttle, but I would not have one on a quad period.

I ride a YZ and the Banshee. The Banshee got a twist throttle and I won't ever think of putting the thumb throttle back on. I also ride trails, rocky trails. Never had an issue. My twist is from Vito's. It's alot stiffer than the dirt bike and kinda cheapo but it has been holding up. It's a personal preference I guess.