where can I find this bulb?

banshee#14

Hey guys I'm looking to get a bulb that's bluish-whiteish kinda like those fake HID bulbs they have for cars. So I want one for my banshee but I don't have the stock light I have the trail tech look alikes but there not. The bulb is a 12v 50w MR16 halogen bulb, it lights up yellow like a normal bulb, my question is can I get that bulb in a different color temp?

Thanks

Hey guys I'm looking to get a bulb that's bluish-whiteish kinda like those fake HID bulbs they have for cars. So I want one for my banshee but I don't have the stock light I have the trail tech look alikes but there not. The bulb is a 12v 50w MR16 halogen bulb, it lights up yellow like a normal bulb, my question is can I get that bulb in a different color temp?

Thanks

nope, they make mr16's for houses and not cars or off road lights. So no other available color temperatures.

what about this bulb here guys.. Is this what I'm looking for or is it something else?

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DISTRIBUTED-BY-MCM-LP02330-/25-3593

No thats an LED bulb. Its not going to be as bright as halogen mr16 bulbs. LED's can be brighter, but not in MR16 form yet.

they sell reveal lights. kinda blue-purple-ish tint to them, but definitely not yellow. that one would definitely not put out much light at 1.5 watts, but if you can get some from ge that have 3or 4 leds, maybe more, and at min. 7 watts total, and they really do put out some light. same, or better than the solstice led. and yes, I've seen that solstice with my own eyes.

they sell reveal lights. kinda blue-purple-ish tint to them, but definitely not yellow. that one would definitely not put out much light at 1.5 watts, but if you can get some from ge that have 3or 4 leds, maybe more, and at min. 7 watts total, and they really do put out some light. same, or better than the solstice led. and yes, I've seen that solstice with my own eyes.

What is the stated lumen output?

A multi led lamp my be as bright as a solstice/vision x lamp, but only at 2" in front of the lamp. With 1 larger led you utilize the reflector, which is needed to get the forward throw of the light.

With a mr16, there are just no options. It just happens to be one of the few lamps that will work on a 12vac system.

Snopczyski is right on with his previous posts.

If your wanting a more blue tint, change your lights or find glass filter to put in front of your lamps. There sell them in all kinds of colors.

The lights i'm using on my shee are Mr16 style bulbs, Triple LED 6k Light Temp

I modified my stock lights housings to work with these bulbs and im a lot happier over the stock setup.

You probably wont be able to use them with your stock charging system however, they WILL illuminate but when I was testing this thing out free revving with just ONE hooked up fried it. I Added a small Motorcycle battery and just charge it every couple days, my lights last me about 2 nights worth of night riding.

3 Super Flux 2 Watt LEDs

Ultra High Output Super Bright LEDs

Direct Replacement for Halogen MR16 Bulbs

Cool White HID Color 6000K

Low Current Draw

Lifetime Warranty Against LED Failure

30 Degree Pattern

http://www.customdynamics.com/led_mr16_bulb.htm

I'm a dealer for their products if you want a set I can get them a bit cheaper than their list cost.

IMG00809-20100427-0054.jpg

LED on left, stock light on right.

Sitting side by side a 400 EX my lights illuminate more of a broad area than his lights, but his halogens with reflectors project a little further than mine. I have no trouble at all seeing down dark and twisty trails or across fields at speed.

What is the stated lumen output?

i won't lie and tell you that i know it's rated more, but i've seen the 10w solsctice, and all the others, (i think...like 6 setups) that they make. on display at a few stereo shops. and i have the 120v versions of the 3 led(7watts total) and 4 led(10watts total) but , like podtunes' 6watters, they do use individual reflectors, too. i'm just going off the visible light output that i can see with my own eyes, and the solsctice were nice, but not as awe-inspiring as i thought they were. i'm not trying to talk shit about them, but they are not the only viable option either. especially at 115 a pop

i won't lie and tell you that i know it's rated more, but i've seen the 10w solsctice, and all the others, (i think...like 6 setups) that they make. on display at a few stereo shops. and i have the 120v versions of the 3 led(7watts total) and 4 led(10watts total) but , like podtunes' 6watters, they do use individual reflectors, too. i'm just going off the visible light output that i can see with my own eyes, and the solsctice were nice, but not as awe-inspiring as i thought they were. i'm not trying to talk shit about them, but they are not the only viable option either. especially at 115 a pop

Lumen output doesn't mean that the light will have more VISIBLE light. Just as a quick note, UV light has much higher lumen output, but you can't see it with the naked eye. I've seen 500 lumen LED's that don't light up shit... It's all about how the light is redirected with a lens, and reflector. You don't necessarily NEED a reflector to have a really high lumen output. You need the reflector to narrow the beam, and throw the light further. LED lens technology has come a long way in the last few years, and I've seen LENS ONLY LED applications, throw a 10degree beam 100 yards easily, with a 3w Cree LED. It's all in how the light is used. VisionX uses a reflector AND lens combination to maximize the visible light output, and limit the amount of light that is lost "out the sides of the beam". VisionX doesn't have any groundbreaking technology that hasn't been around for a few years, but what they do have, is a neat little package. You can get high power MR16 bulbs in as much as 100w LED now, and I bet they are insanely priced...

actually, there is a place that makes them, i have them in my banshees, they do put off a whiter light than the stock trailtech bulbs, they kind of look blue when they are off.

https://www.solux.net/cgi-bin/tlistore/soluxbulbs.html

here you can kinda see they are more blueish when they are off, let me know if you want any more pics, i can get some next time im at my shop.

PICT0133.jpg