winters comin

gofast5

Well lookin to have my banshee goin a little before winter and will be doin alot of ridin in the snow I was wonderin what kind of setup you guys were runnin. I thought about gettin pro wedges but I ride on the roads some to get from place to place and dont want to totally destroy them..

Also what about puttin some ski's on the front? Just more or less ratchet strapping them to the front tires with some custom brackets so the straps dont drag or makin some mounts for my hubs. I didn't think of it until now but mabey theres a way I can get a snowmobile track in half and wrap it around both back tires and secure it?

They make kits for the front ends. Called snomoshee's or something. You can also put ice screws in the rear tires to help, but banshee's suck ass in anything more that about 8" of snow no matter what you do. Riding lakes is a blast if there's just a slight covering, you can stub your tires too if you want to ice drag. I usually just park mine in the winter. Maybe take it on the lake a few times. I just know how much ATV's fuck up snowmobile trails in the winter and I ride sleds so I rarely take mine on the trails

Dont gotta worry about snowmobile trails here, not many people have any. I thought about puttin screws in the tires but theyll rip out on the pavement to easily I think.

My friend used mudsharks on his raptor in the snow and they worked well.

yes but your friends raptor is a 4-stroke......much easier of a powerband when it comes to bringin the power on.

the banshee's powerband makes it a bitch to drive in the snow....cause when your motor does perk up...its already too late to keep from breakin the tires loose.

yes but your friends raptor is a 4-stroke......much easier of a powerband when it comes to bringin the power on.

the banshee's powerband makes it a bitch to drive in the snow....cause when your motor does perk up...its already too late to keep from breakin the tires loose.

I am aware of the difference between a raptor and a banshee. That is why I added it was on a raptor. They are still great tires for that type of riding.

I have run maxxis 4snows on my raptor and banshee. Like said above any thing over 8 in and it sucks especially since there is no reverse to help back out when your stuck.

I can pull a wheelie on snow pack with the maxxis 4snows on my raptor. The banshee just blows the tires off and spins.

Tire wear is just part of the game. Dont get them spinning hard and hit dry pavement.