banshee wont iddle

hey guys im new to this site i need some help with my shee i have a 06 shee with procercit pips K&N pods and i just put a cool head with 21cc domes and delta force reeds on it i cant get it to idle it runs gpretty good but it dosent have the pop corn sound at all i dont know wht to do is it the jets or what help please

did you rejet the carbs since you put on the pipes and head? do you have stock carbs? and is the choke tube in place between the two carbs?

it was jeted when the pipes got put on but not when i put the head on and yes stock carbs and yes the choke tube is in place

1) Are both plugs in good tight?

2) Are both cylinders firing? If you can keep it running long enough check to see if you can feel the exhaust coming out of both pipes, it should feel the same, not one side weaker than the other.

3) Since you had the head off do you have an air leak on one cylinder?

- Do a compression check to ensure that you've got good compression on both sides

If only 1 cylinder is firing swap the plug wires to see if the problem moves, if it moves then your coil or spark plug caps could be faulty, if it doesn't then the plug or a loss of compression might be the culprit.

Check these and get back to us!

If none of those are the problem are you getting fuel from the carbs? (plugs wet with fuel)

1) Are both plugs in good tight?

2) Are both cylinders firing? If you can keep it running long enough check to see if you can feel the exhaust coming out of both pipes, it should feel the same, not one side weaker than the other.

3) Since you had the head off do you have an air leak on one cylinder?

- Do a compression check to ensure that you've got good compression on both sides

If only 1 cylinder is firing swap the plug wires to see if the problem moves, if it moves then your coil or spark plug caps could be faulty, if it doesn't then the plug or a loss of compression might be the culprit.

Check these and get back to us!

If none of those are the problem are you getting fuel from the carbs? (plugs wet with fuel)

Ok i know there both fireing cuz iv swaped the plug wires all ready and ill go do a compration test now and get back to u thanks a lot

Ok i know there both fireing cuz iv swaped the plug wires all ready and ill go do a compration test now and get back to u thanks a lot

Wll the left cylender is not fireing it barely got ant ex come out and i swaped the plugwires and it dosent do anything same side is doing the same thing

and the comp test was 160

ummm....you got a reading with 160 psi per cylinder? That would be race gas territory. If your not running race gas you are causing detonation inside your cylinders being that high on the compression (may be why you cant get her to idle right). You should definately be running something higher in the octane than just pump gas.

yeah 160 is up there! what size domes did you buy for the head?!

If the problem didn't move and you have good compression on both sides then that leaves fuel or spark, swap your spark plugs now to see if the problem moves, if it does then you have a fouled/bad plug.. if it doesen't move you've probably got something going on with that other carb.

but before you do any more testing be sure you verify your compression and read the PSI and not some other scale. If you're really at 160 PSI and not running race gas get whatever fuel you have in it now out and go find some race gas. If you don't wish to run race gas you're going to need to lower the compression probably by switching the domes out.

hey guys im new to this site i need some help with my shee i have a 06 shee with procercit pips K&N pods and i just put a cool head with 21cc domes and delta force reeds on it i cant get it to idle it runs gpretty good but it dosent have the pop corn sound at all i dont know wht to do is it the jets or what help please

you need to let us no what pistons you have or you could bust a ring .unless thats what already hapend. and black plugs fowl out it dont mater witch way the coil is hooked up it will run the same eather way .the crank could be twisted if it is stock.

you need to let us no what pistons you have or you could bust a ring .unless thats what already hapend. and black plugs fowl out it dont mater witch way the coil is hooked up it will run the same eather way .the crank could be twisted if it is stock.

Was that english?

I bet its just pilot jets...

Wow man...

He didn't change pistons..... why is his piston size relevant since they're the same ones hes been running?

Swapping the plug wires does a couple of things, if the problem moves then it's NOT a fouled spark plug. There are resistors in the spark plug boots and if they go bad they can cause issues.

So swapping the plug wires is still a good idea for finding his problem.

Then swapping plugs would verify that he had a dead plug if the problem moved.

If the problem still lies in the same cylinder its time to pull the carbs off and clean them and check the intake boots/crossover tube for a leak it's the only things left.

It was running fine, then he swapped heads and now it wont idle, how did he twist the crank changing the head?

@fouled

pilot jet is a good guess too I was getting there :P

ummm....you got a reading with 160 psi per cylinder? That would be race gas territory. If your not running race gas you are causing detonation inside your cylinders being that high on the compression (may be why you cant get her to idle right). You should definately be running something higher in the octane than just pump gas.

ok so i need to run race gas can i just us 94 and use addative and for some reson my left carb just pours out gas makes no sence and the floats arint ticking what should my iddle scerw be set at and what size main and piolit jets should i use and just to make sure whats the tourqe spec on the head thanks alot for all your help so far

ok so i need to run race gas can i just us 94 and use addative and for some reson my left carb just pours out gas makes no sence and the floats arint ticking what should my iddle scerw be set at and what size main and piolit jets should i use and just to make sure whats the tourqe spec on the head thanks alot for all your help so far

ok i read all yalls conclusons its stock bore i raced a hairscramble be for i put the head and reeds on and half way threw the race it did not want to run at all so i took it home i know some water got sucked in the carbs so i pulled them off and cleaned them and it ran ok then i put the reeds and head on and the new problems started such as wont iddle dose not have the pop corn sound like a normal 2 stroke and it pours gas out the left carb and the floats arnt sticking makes no sence and its got 280 mains in it with all the upgrades and im at about 2000 feet elavation what should be in there and idk what the piolet is in there what do i need to put in i dont know if you kneed to know this but i also have a boost bottle also