SPROCKET

stroking

I was reading that to big of a front sprocket can cause a power loss do to weight on the tranny.

is there dyno proof of this anywhere?

reason i ask is because i have a 19t and 20t front sprocket,but i also have a 33 rear.....i want to take the easy route and just change the front but now im not sure if i should!....dont want to lose any power....its a pavement only bike if that makes any difference.

Edited by stroking

I run a 19 tooth in the front and don't notice any power loss. Then again, I have a lot of power. I think you would benefit from going to a 20" tire and getting some of your gear back. Otherwise, go with the really small rear or the 19 up front. What motor are you running?

I was reading that to big of a front sprocket can cause a power loss do to weight on the tranny.

is there dyno proof of this anywhere?

reason i ask is because i have a 19t and 20t front sprocket,but i also have a 33 rear.....i want to take the easy route and just change the front but now im not sure if i should!....dont want to lose any power....its a pavement only bike if that makes any difference.

i run a 17/39 on my drag bike and i got power from start to finsh