How to put barke lights on a Banshee

sandtazam

Im actually in the process of doing that right now. I bought a new master a few weeks back from a shop in Tucson AZ. It came with the banjo bolt that has a brake light switch. Now i also ordered the brake light switch that goes to the rear brake pedal. I want to have working light with both brake levers. The parts came from a 2006 banshee. I think thats the year they came with brake lights. My shee is a 99 so it did not come with it. Wiring is very simple. Im in the process of wiring them inside the tubes through the frame, personally i hate seeing wires and gives it a cleaner look. Banshee's can do so much when it comes to electrical. Unless you have a DC conversion you cannot add too much lights, it will result in too much draw. Im using a LED tail light that has a function of a brake/tail light. On Ebay you can find the brake light switch for both levers. The one for the front master cylinder i think is 1.25 pitch pressure light switch. Runs you a few bucks on EBAY. Let me know if you have any questions.

Is there a pressure switch of some kind to put brake lights on a Banshee? Here in AZ we can drive on the streets if we have the proper goodies.

I had mine street legal with out the brake light, just the running light. Not saying its safe or it should be done just saying it can be street legal with out the brake light. I had mine street legal because some of the spots we rode at we had to cross streets and the cops would want to bust us.

2002 and up had brake lights. There is a stop switch that goes on the brake lever, you will also need different tail light, assuming your bike is older. To make them work for the front brake lever you will need a front stop switch.

Got a Banjo bolt with a pressure switch built in. Good to go.

Actually here in AZ we have a part time on road use plate. My Banshee needed head lights, plate light, mirror, horn, driving light and that's about it. If under 1000lbs you don't need DOT tires. I've already got the license plate on it and registered.

• 6 months later...

My 01 is also street legal here in Tucson, AZ.

I bought an LED brake/license plate/tail light ($20) and an OEM rear brake switch ($25) on E-bay and a horn ($8) and mirror ($8) at Wal-Mart.

You do have to register them (as a motorcycle) and have insurance (cheap) but it's worth it!

ba99 that is SWEET......if they were to ever legalize street riding here in Mi (which they wont do cause they're nothing but pricks or dumbasses that make the rules here) i know i'd definately have to find someone who is able to do that.......what'd you charge for that if you don't mind me asking?