Rocket R2s

SandmanPNW

Considering buying a set soon but haven't seen much feedback. If you got em please let me know how you like em. My setup, HJR Dune port(cylinders shipped out:headbang:), 28pwk, noss head 21cc domes, VF3's, +4 timing. Ride dunes only. Any feedback is much appreciated.

awesome pipes. they will work great with your setup. tom is a great guy to deal with. give him a call. i had dmc and t5 before and these pipes pull up high way better than the others. bottom end really doesnt seem to be much worse at all. i have dune port with 35 pwk so our setup pretty similar.

i am running the r2's on a hjr dune port, with 35pwk's now... ran them on my stock cylinders first, against a set of cpi, fmf fatties, and toomey t5. was most impressed with the r2's, having a decent low end, a awesome mid and top pull. cpi has the closest mid and top to it. the r2's dont only make good power, the way they are designed they are a conversation piece. i have alot of people ask what kind of pipes they are, the design being so different.

• 8 months later...

I can tell you they look damn good on the bike, even covered in dust! someday i might get to try them out too :rotflmao:

edit: the silencers get me hard. they are so clean looking.

edit 2: stop digging up posts from last year :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Rocketpipes are starting to get some buzz - prolly gonna see a few old Rocket threads get picked back up. I just bought my second set of Rockets from John at RJATV in Florida. The pipes have a date with Jet-Hot - hope the tuning isn't severly affected by trapping in the heat.. It should be fine.

Are they better than other pipe designs - can't say. But once the jets, needles and floats are correct, they do work. I'm running stock everything excetpt for the reeds (VF-3) and lid removed (K&S Powerlid) and the Rockets do just fine from bottom to top. Plus they look cool as all get out without being the leg burner one might think.

Here's an idea! What if a test mule Banhee was available, moderatly modded - this mule would be timed track tested with CPI, Toomeys, PT, FMF, Rocket, yada yada yada...you know - lets kick the debate up a notch. Dyno is itself a debate so i feel timed track runs, 4 or so timed runs on each pipe to allow for jetting so we all can get a more side by side comparison.

This would be a BansheeHQ meeting of the minds on a weekend at a track that many can agree on. Plus i'd like to meet some of the people that post here, theres some bad ass mo-fo's in here.

I have an extra set of Rockets and Toomey T-5....... any one reading this care to put up some donor pipes and add to this idea? I'll even put up the main and pilot jet sizes and a 2:1 intake boot so jetting can go much faster than fighting a stock box. Would wanna avoid pods because the shortened tract length, kinda want to have low end tuning into account for this.

I'll put up my fair share, anyone else think a new thread aught to be started here. I for one would like to see just what would come of such an event.

Lets see a new thread started and take up the pipe question - AND THEN WE CAN TAKE IT OUTSIDE LIKE REAL REPUBLICANS. (ooaahhhh, i went there didn't I - YEAH)

edit: can we get a spel check button in here

Edited by iPaul

Alright... i have a cheetah 400 wit 35mm carbs vf3 reeds and pods... The r-2's are awsome... they out performed my fmf sst's in every way! (Duh) Mine are chrome and my only issue with them is the fact that they take some work to make fit with an oversized tank banghead ... if i could be buying pipes again i would still get the r2's

... and about the mule banshee and track testing... I think something like that would be great to c the results on!