Paddles on Stock Banshee?

flash75

Hi, I have seen lots of paddle threads but none for stock Bashees so I was wondering if I could run paddles on a stock bike with stock size wheels.

I do have a couple of upgrades... FMF fatties, VF3 reeds and TORS removed

Went to the local shop and they said I wouldnt be able to run paddles and that I should use snow type tyres instead but im not really liking those much.

I mostly just do duning, no drags, weight about 170lbs.

Could I get away with some 8 paddles? Whatsize would I need exactly? Thanks.

I am currently running 20X10-10 8 paddle Haulers on the stock 10X8 wheels that my 89 Banshee came with(2 years only, 89 & 90). I am going to go with 20X11-10 9 paddle Extremes on the next go around. Since I went back to the stock wheels I have far less problems with leaks or bent wheels. With your setup 8 paddles to fit your wheels should be fine, I ran 8 paddles when I had nothing more than pipes and a cut head and that is what we run on the wife's bike with pipes, a cut head, and bumped timing. If you are just doing general riding with some occasional play racing 9 or 10 inch wheels are fine, if you are a serioud drag racer you will probably want to go with 8 inch wheels. But the bigger wheels give you a more stable ride because there is less sidewall roll, although there is less sidewall to flex on the bumps. Also, you might want to adjust your gearing for the paddles.

Edited by bansheesandrider

Hi, I have seen lots of paddle threads but none for stock Bashees so I was wondering if I could run paddles on a stock bike with stock size wheels.

I do have a couple of upgrades... FMF fatties, VF3 reeds and TORS removed

Went to the local shop and they said I wouldnt be able to run paddles and that I should use snow type tyres instead but im not really liking those much.

I mostly just do duning, no drags, weight about 170lbs.

Could I get away with some 8 paddles? Whatsize would I need exactly? Thanks.

You would be fine with 8 paddles. UR local shop is BS. Tell him and his salesman to go in the back and bullshit each other. I ran 20 10 10 with no prob on my stocker. might be going to 8" rim after my cyl's get back ported.

If you do not drag nor plan to drag you will be happier with some v-paddles. They turn/ slide 100% better.

I'd recommend the skat track edge. 20 inch tire on 10 inch rim. If you drag race someone with haulers they will smoke you though.

Was just looking at the clymers manual and it say stock rear rims on the banshee are 9x8.5. Does this mean that whatever tyres I choose must have an inner diameter of 9" like 20x10x9? Sorry..just trying to figure out what all the dimensions relate to. Other than that im pretty sold on some paddles..will check out the v paddles but i like the haulers best at the moment.

Edited by flash75

Was just looking at the clymers manual and it say stock rear rims on the banshee are 9x8.5. Does this mean that whatever tyres I choose must have an inner diameter of 9" like 20x10x9?

Yes! That is correct.

Sorry..just trying to figure out what all the dimensions relate to. Other than that im pretty sold on some paddles..will check out the v paddles but i like the haulers best at the moment.

I have 20x11x10 V-paddles and I like them but I would also like to test some haulers or extremes.

-Pasi S.

If you do not drag nor plan to drag you will be happier with some v-paddles. They turn/ slide 100% better.

I'd recommend the skat track edge. 20 inch tire on 10 inch rim. If you drag race someone with haulers they will smoke you though.

i had the edge on a 10" rim and switched to a 21" hauler. the tradeoff of better turning vs hookup was a no brainer. the hauler can dune awesome, specially on the steep stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd recommend getting a set of Sand Stars or Sand Skate II's rather than a set of Haulers if your primarily gonna dune. Straight paddles like Haulers prefer to dig in and go straight...best for dragging. Duning is about power sliding and V paddle type tires are vastly superior in that respect.

I have both Haulers and Sand Skate II's and the Sand Skate II's are on my Banshee 98% of the time.

If I were to have only one sand paddle, it would probably be a Sand Star but I think each of my tires are the best at what they do, so I needed two!!

BTW: I'd recommend picking up a complete wheel/tire combo so you have your dirt tires to use later...even if it's only for off season storage or pushing it around the garage.

A 10" rim tire is the size of choice for duning, the 8" is more of a dragger size (think wrinkle wall dragster tires) and can be found on Craigslist for <$100/set.

Plus, you can always sell them when you're done.

My $0.02.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest yuanyiw

In his latest column for MMORPG.com, Industry Relations Manager Garrett Fuller discusses TERA with specific regard to the perception of games with Eastern-style gameplay and how TERA is breaking down the preconceived notions that tend to follow games originating in Asia.

archlord gold

Whether it'archlord gold s the fantastically rich lore or the interesting character archetypes, TERA is taking Western notions head on.

archlord gold

Find out what else Garrett notes about TERA'archlord gold s 'Breaking Perceptions of Eastern Games'.

flyff penya

TERA remains on our list of highlighted games here at MMORPG.com and while expectations remain high,flyff penya they still have some serious hurdles to overcome.

flyff penya

One hurdle is the Western perception of Eastern style game play.flyff penya Many players feel like games developed in Asia can be grindy, pointless farming-style games that deliver a subpar experience.

maple story mesos

With games being developed so quickly and studios cranking out MMOs blindingly fast it is easy to have a lot of them appear to be similar in nature.maple story mesos Companies spend a lot in bringing these games over to the North American market.

maple story mesos

Some do very well.maple story mesos Others suffer from their design and fail to meet Western expectations. Will TERA have to struggle with this issue?

• 3 months later...

what the hell was that??

i rode a bike woth some 8 paddle extremes and very similar mods to yours on a 9 inch wheel the guy picked up an extra set of OEM wheels and had them powder'd black and then put on the skat's and a set of front sand str style double rib tires it looked sweet and those 9 inch wheels were the blend of the 10s' and the 8's limited sidewal flex but not so stiff they wouldnt hook up

screw V paddles people that prefer v's either cannot ride or have stock front tires on their bike. and a straight paddle on stock front means major front end push in corners and everywhere else.. straights are the way to go.. sand star's are an excellent v paddle tho for budget rider they hook more like a straight paddle but still turn ( and spin out) like v's