The ultimate showdown cool head vs shaved stock head

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You guys have no proof other than what has been told to you.

wheres your proof they dont improve cooling? and whats this nonsense about sending your cylinders off to have them ported? what ever happend to your custom self porting that was a better bang for your buck? did you finally realize you were wrong about that too?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that not many will go out and buy a dreme and try to cut their own cylinders, although you can get 10hp out of them pretty easily.

I just keep seeing people recommending to the newbs timing plate cool head and pipes to start off with, when they would be MUCH happier with pipes milled head modding their own timing plate and porting for the same money. I mean you would gain twice the horsepower doing it my way for the same money.

The guy who spent his money on a colhead instead of some porting will feel like a douche when he gets smoked by the guy with the stock head.

Cntrary to popular belief, not everyone plans on spending their kids college money on their banshee.

If you plan on dedicating your life to your banshee and trying out different cranks and so on, maybethe cool head is a good idea. If not, just mill the stock head. and port it. You will be happy you did when you dust the kid who shelled out 250 bucks for a cool head and is now broke.

Even used, you will spend 100 more for the same performance.

If you were mattsec, you could spend that money on a hooker, so you could at least get a sense that a woman has somewhat of an interest in getting to know you.

Ok ill put in my 2 cents

I have a 4 mill passion motor, with a cut and rechambered stock head. Works great and is stealthy, work jim did looks really nice.

Now that head put me at about 185 or so psi, it would be nice to be able to have the ability to change the domes and the cool heads do look really nice.

I dont remember what jim charged me for the work on the head but i know it was almost damn near nothing since he was porting the cylinders also (passion 12 port).

However i will be looking hard at a noss head here in the future do to the bling factor and ability to change the octane requirements of the motor.

Both are great mods and yield similar gains, it all depends on how much ya wanna spend and what your looking for

Stealth vs bling

Do you want to change octane requirements?

Its obvious the noss head is the way to go if you got the cash, but the stock head that is cut AND RECHAMBERED is not a bad way to go either if your tight on cash.

Cody

If you were mattsec, you could spend that money on a hooker, so you could at least get a sense that a woman has somewhat of an interest in getting to know you.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

What on God's green earth does that even mean? Since when do hookers want to get to know you?

BWAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHA You are probably one of the dumbest individuals I have ever crossed paths with.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

What on God's green earth does that even mean? Since when do hookers want to get to know you?

BWAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHA You are probably one of the dumbest individuals I have ever crossed paths with.

Learn to read guy.

I said"get a sense" that a woman has an interest in you.

As in that's the best you can do.

geez.

Anyway Matt, I'm going to try to be an adult here and stop with the bickering.

Internet or not it's just plain childish.

Learn to read guy.

I said"get a sense" that a woman has an interest in you.

As in that's the best you can do.

geez.

Anyway Matt, I'm going to try to be an adult here and stop with the bickering.

Internet or not it's just plain childish.

You're even more of an idiot than before you replied, if that's possible... It CLEARLY says "get a sense that a woman has somewhat of an interest in getting to know you."

Now... for basic education here. "interest in getting to know you", is definitely different than "an interest in you".

You couldn't be an adult about anything if your life depended upon it. So throw that bullshit right out the window.

You're even more of an idiot than before you replied, if that's possible... It CLEARLY says "get a sense that a woman has somewhat of an interest in getting to know you."

Now... for basic education here. "interest in getting to know you", is definitely different than "an interest in you".

You couldn't be an adult about anything if your life depended upon it. So throw that bullshit right out the window.

OK guy

I just keep seeing people recommending to the newbs timing plate cool head and pipes to start off with, when they would be MUCH happier with pipes milled head modding their own timing plate and porting for the same money. I mean you would gain twice the horsepower doing it my way for the same money.

an adjustable timing plate is suggested for the same reason a cool head is, ADJUSTABILITY.