No top end?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do it yourself. After that first time you know that it wasn´t so hard. ;)

Clean up your bike and let it dry before you do it. Buy a carb-cleaner so that you can clean those carbs perfectly. This way you won´t get your hands dirty and you can focus what you are doing not how dirty your fingers are! -LOL!

Learn how to do it!

-Pasi S.

Working on my own stuff isnt the problem, I just dont have the time to mess with the banshee....I turn wrenches all day, have a 700hp mustang that I built myself.

Working on my own stuff isnt the problem, I just dont have the time to mess with the banshee....I turn wrenches all day, have a 700hp mustang that I built myself.

I've long said that if you're gonna have toys either you've got to be able to work on something yourself or have lots of money to pay people when you need something done. If the latter describes you then why go through the trouble of logging on to an internet forum, putting random strangers through the trouble of reading your post letting them respond with help just to take your bike back to ththe guy who should have dialed it in properly to begin with?

Well then all you need is a phillips head and a 6mm short socket.

What are the mods that are done to the bike. And how is the intake set up on the bike. If we can get that info along with your temp and elevation then we can get you close to where you need to be at for jetting. But you will have to jet it for summer and for winter if you wanting to be easy on jetting. I jet mine prob about almost every time I go ride because the temps are always 20-30deg from the last time I jetted it.

But it is cake and only takes about 5mins per side for the 1st time with the air box still on. You will find out why everyone hates the stock carbs and bowls. You would have thought after the first year or so they would have put a carb bowl on with the 17mm nut on the bottom for easier jetting. Nope.:angry:

I've long said that if you're gonna have toys either you've got to be able to work on something yourself or have lots of money to pay people when you need something done. If the latter describes you then why go through the trouble of logging on to an internet forum, putting random strangers through the trouble of reading your post letting them respond with help just to take your bike back to ththe guy who should have dialed it in properly to begin with?

The latter doesnt describe me, I built my car and did the work to the banshee myself simply because I cant afford to pay labor on everything, but $150 to get my bike jetted which will save me hours of messing around with something that I dont really know what Im doing with isnt a big deal. If im putting you through that much trouble then please by all means save yourself the trouble you dont have to respond. Im not trying to sound like a di*k but this is a forum and I was looking for opinions and suggestions and thats what most people have given me and I appreciate it.

Well then all you need is a phillips head and a 6mm short socket.

What are the mods that are done to the bike. And how is the intake set up on the bike. If we can get that info along with your temp and elevation then we can get you close to where you need to be at for jetting. But you will have to jet it for summer and for winter if you wanting to be easy on jetting. I jet mine prob about almost every time I go ride because the temps are always 20-30deg from the last time I jetted it.

But it is cake and only takes about 5mins per side for the 1st time with the air box still on. You will find out why everyone hates the stock carbs and bowls. You would have thought after the first year or so they would have put a carb bowl on with the 17mm nut on the bottom for easier jetting. Nope.:angry:

Its bored .50 over, fast head w/ 19cc domes, v force 3 reeds, k&n pods, +4 timing, fmf fattys. Im at sea level, temps are around 90 degrees now.

Its bored .50 over, fast head w/ 19cc domes, v force 3 reeds, k&n pods, +4 timing, fmf fattys. Im at sea level, temps are around 90 degrees now.

I fail to see why you're providing us with information about the bike if you're just gonna pay someone $150 bucks to jet your bike for you.. If you've suddenly decided to tackle the little job this is yourself now bravo, jets cost about $3 each from FAST racing. The time you'll invest doing this will prove invaluable because you'll know when your bike is right, and you'll know when it needs attention.. What if you go riding with friends somewhere that isn't sea level or the temp is widely different from where you're at now? Your bike will run like shit and you won't have the knowledge to change the jets and could end up with a crappy ride or something worse if you're bike leans way out an expensive repair.

I probably am being a dick here, but I don't see why you want help if you're just gonna pay someone down the road to do it for you.

I fail to see why you're providing us with information about the bike if you're just gonna pay someone $150 bucks to jet your bike for you.. If you've suddenly decided to tackle the little job this is yourself now bravo, jets cost about $3 each from FAST racing. The time you'll invest doing this will prove invaluable because you'll know when your bike is right, and you'll know when it needs attention.. What if you go riding with friends somewhere that isn't sea level or the temp is widely different from where you're at now? Your bike will run like shit and you won't have the knowledge to change the jets and could end up with a crappy ride or something worse if you're bike leans way out an expensive repair.

I probably am being a dick here, but I don't see why you want help if you're just gonna pay someone down the road to do it for you.

Well obviously you must have failed to read this whole thread, I already payed the shop to jet the bike and when I got it back it didnt seem right to me therefore I came on here looking for opinions on what it could be...whether it was related to the jetting or my combination of parts. I was told that my pipes might not be good enough and that I should go with CPI's or Shearers, I was told that the stock carbs might be holding me back among other things all by different people. Personally I didnt think it was the jetting but the majority here seems to think it is and thats exactly the type of information I was looking for before spending $$ on parts that I dont need. I was asking for opinions, not how to jet the bike. I dont understand what is so hard for you to understand about that.

Well obviously you must have failed to read this whole thread, I already payed the shop to jet the bike and when I got it back it didnt seem right to me therefore I came on here looking for opinions on what it could be...whether it was related to the jetting or my combination of parts. I was told that my pipes might not be good enough and that I should go with CPI's or Shearers, I was told that the stock carbs might be holding me back among other things all by different people. Personally I didnt think it was the jetting but the majority here seems to think it is and thats exactly the type of information I was looking for before spending $$ on parts that I dont need. I was asking for opinions, not how to jet the bike. I dont understand what is so hard for you to understand about that.

Oh I did read it and read how you dismissed the initial diagnosis of your problem because your guy knew what he was doing.. Then after several other people pointed the same way you called the guy and he says oh I might have leaned it out. Now you get to go back and spend $ getting something done that should have been done from the get go. But it's YOUR bike and your money that you're spending maybe he can pre-mix your fuel and kick start it for you too.

/endrant

Oh I did read it and read how you dismissed the initial diagnosis of your problem because your guy knew what he was doing.. Then after several other people pointed the same way you called the guy and he says oh I might have leaned it out. Now you get to go back and spend $ getting something done that should have been done from the get go. But it's YOUR bike and your money that you're spending maybe he can pre-mix your fuel and kick start it for you too.

/endrant

I never dismissed anything, I gave my opinion and said that I didnt think it was the jetting because the bike ran great but felt like it lost some top end. I also said that I would think he rode the bike not just stick some jets in it because it is a reputable shop and the owner himself has a fully built done up banshee so I would imagine he has an idea to what hes doing. But anyways im not going to get into a pissing match with a keyboard warrior such as yourself, so go troll somewhere else. Maybe after he mixes my fuel and starts it he can ride for me too. :cheers:

I dont know what it was or what it is now, I did the work to the bike myself and then dropped it off at a shop and let them jet it because I had no idea what I was doing. I can call the guy that did it and ask him what jets he put in it but the bike runs good, I dont think the loss of top end is jetting related though.

Yeah, you kinda did dismiss it. I bet he will ride it for you... For another $100 bucks or so. :)

Yea sounds good, I'll let you know how it works out so maybe in the future you can provide others with some more of your useless posts.

Oh no thanks I don't need to know how it works out i'll be off riding mine not asking people how to fix it then taking it to some other idiot who doesn't know what hes doing either. :)

Oh no thanks I don't need to know how it works out i'll be off riding mine not asking people how to fix it then taking it to some other idiot who doesn't know what hes doing either. :)

Theres toolbags on every forum and I guess you're one of them on this one...

Theres toolbags on every forum and I guess you're one of them on this one...

Then there's morons who can't read and manage to open their own toolbag as well, suppose we know which one you are. Nice to meet you!

Speaking of tools...

is this you?

http://www.svtsnake.com/forum/member.php?u=3228

with the 588 hp 03cobra from queens, NY? with 23 posts?

you told us it was 700hp... what did you do? add some stickers?