Stock swingarm

zr2highrider

Im going to be replacing the axle bearings and swingarm bushings on my banshee this week. I have a clymer repair manual and it doesnt sound that hard to do. Parts are on the way and im wanting to know what I should and shouldnt do. I have heard some people putting a grease zerk on the carrier but would this help in anyway? Thanks

no the bearings are sealed in the carrier and there is no reason to grease it. wipe a little grease on the inside and outside of the sleeve to keep it from rusting. stay out of deep water and don't get close to the carrier with a pressure washer and you won't have problems.

hahahahahahahaha, yes, most definately put grease zircs on both swingarm tube and carrier. just pop the plastic shields off the axle bearings, so the grease gets through. run that shit through hell and back, under water, whatever. oh, and pressure was the extra grease off :headbang: seriously, i tapped mine, and just did my rusted to shit swinger bushings the other night.....don't wanna do that shit again without a die grinder. and i covered them with boat trailer grease.

Ya i have it on a jack and its still a no go. This thing was ran hard and put away wet. I put quite a bit of wd-40 on it and am letting it sit. Im fairly confident that its the first time that its been replaced. All pressure is off - jack under it and have the shock/dogbone unbolted. Im taking pretty good whacks at it with a 3lb sledge and this thing isnt even budging.

well, 2 things- heat, and KR OIL......kr oil is the best penitrant i've ever used, but sometimes, you gotta just get the heat out. wd-40 is ok to creep, but it's intended to just displace moisture, and doesn't work as great as everyone thinks it would. of you can't find kr, then some pb blaster might do.

I had the same issue with mine. Ispent three nights trying everything under the sun. banghead

Your going to have to use a saws all and cut both sides right next to the bearing covers. then the swingarm will drop off and you can remove the rest of the pivot bolt and sleave. That's the only anwser I have.

Good luck

Use a big ass punch and a big ass hammer.

What he said.

When you get it out ,cross drill a few holes on the bolt and add a zerk to the ends(its hollow) and you will never have this problem again.

I did it, and now I can take mine out with a pair of pliers. B)

I had the same issue with mine. Ispent three nights trying everything under the sun. banghead

Your going to have to use a saws all and cut both sides right next to the bearing covers. then the swingarm will drop off and you can remove the rest of the pivot bolt and sleave. That's the only anwser I have.

Good luck

Exactly what I had to do also. Spent 4 nights using PB blaster letting it sit over night beating it with a 5lb sledge with golf type swings,heated it and beat some more then finally just used a sawzall and did like troyzstang said. One of my bearings was completely gone like only the inner/outer race was left, the rest of it was dust and the bolt and sleeve where fuzed together by rust. Never did find any of the needles from that bearing!

Edited by Boner

I replaced both . You have to beat the swing arm bolt out but try to take as much pressure of as possible.. I would go with the greese nipple thingy.. I put one in mine as I ride in pa coal dirt and cross alot of water. I just drilled a hole in the carrier and screwed it in ... Haven't replace bearings in 3 yrs. I was replacing them once a yr if not twice. I ride hard and do a lot of hill climbs but still go with it what can it hurt to greese it everytime you ride?

Finally got the bolt out tonight. Needless to say there was nothing left of my needle bearings. Bolt came out in one piece...just had to beat the crap out of it for it to come out. Also had to heat up the swingarm pretty good to get it out. Hopefully get around to putting everyting back together tommorrow. Thanks everyone for the advise!