NO Start issues

1999 Banshee

FMF Powercore II exhaust

TORS Removal Kit

Taped up the old TORS connectors

New Ignition coil

New Spark Plugs

Tested Stator, CDI, Kill Switch, Ignition Switch, and Compression, all tested GOOD.

Appears to be getting fuel, and has good spark but will not start.

also, the TORS throttle cable that came with the kit, pulls the carb sleeves up, but then they stay up and wont come back down.

Does anyone know the answer to these issues? Im lost. all ideas come to dead ends. very irritated and fed up lol please help!

Edited by PsycoBanshee99

Are you sure you are getting "good" spark? Test it when its darker out and see if its nice and fat spark. Could look like good spark but not strong enough to start. Also are your springs in correct or in period? They should push the slides right back down when you push the throttle.

try new spark plugs. Even though they spark they can still be bad. They will fire outside but not under compression. Had a no start issue on a bike and it had good spark. Spent hours chasing the problem and decided to try good plugs and it fired right up. May not be your issue but its worth a try

spray a cunt hair of starting fluid.. if it starts clean out ur carbs.. if it doesnt its a spark issue.. very easy... try covering both faces of the carb as u crank.. fuel should spill out of the air filter side....... lemme know what cha got... lata

spray a cunt hair of starting fluid.. if it starts clean out ur carbs.. if it doesnt its a spark issue.. very easy... try covering both faces of the carb as u crank.. fuel should spill out of the air filter side....... lemme know what cha got... lata

well i disassembled the carbs and cleaned all the components and stuff when i installed the TORS removal kit last week, cause in the beginning people told me the TORS are notorious to fail and cause no start so i eliminated them, then i tested the stator cdi and all the switches and everything was ok then i tested the coil and it was going bad so i replaced the ignition coil and plug wires and caps, and installed a brand new sets of plugs, im getting good spark it looks like lightning bolts if i hold it away from the head a few inches, like it just doesnt make any sense to me everything i test or angle i take its a dead end. it ran fine when i bought it, cause it was used, but then it stuck wide open on me and now it wont start at all. im at a wall here with this thing. lol

ill try covering the faces when i crank tomorrow. thanks ill keep ya posted

okay so i covered the faces and cranked it fuel ran out of the right side carb and a little out of the left so i tore down the left carb( the one with the choke) and cleaned it and put it back together and still no start.

i bet ur slides r in backwards. check the carbs fuel bowls. they r different 1 has a choke jet in it.. it goes on the choke lever carb........also check to make sure u oput the cross tube in between both carbs.. and i doubt u have a sheared woodruffkey. check out ur carbs if u elimated the tors ur problem is somewhere in there...did u tap the carbs for the idle screws?

i bet ur slides r in backwards. check the carbs fuel bowls. they r different 1 has a choke jet in it.. it goes on the choke lever carb........also check to make sure u oput the cross tube in between both carbs.. and i doubt u have a sheared woodruffkey. check out ur carbs if u elimated the tors ur problem is somewhere in there...did u tap the carbs for the idle screws?

yes the idle screws are in. i got it started finally, but now it idles nice and sounds good but soon as you give it fuel it revs wide open and stays there. do you know what could be causing that?