O-ring or no O-ring?

Chemical Castration

Ok I have been thinking about running a NON o-ring chain for a while now, I know that you get better performance from a non o-ring chain, only draw back that I know of is that you'd have to check on it more. I'm gonna be cruising as well as hillshooting. Are there any drawbacks to running a non o-ring chain besides maitenance? Also how many links am I gonna have to buy for a +4 swingarm?

• 2 weeks later...

o-ring chains are the best for sand. I bought a non oring one and it was streghting soooo much just after one trip. I went back to a o-ring chain like the x-ring one and no problems anymore. Seriously non-oring chains suck in the sand and everyone I know at glamis runs o-ring style chains.

• 1 month later...

O-ring or X-Ring is the only way to go in sand, non oring chains suck a fattie, they stretch extremely fast. The orings keep the sand out and the lube in, i don't know wtf these guys are smokin lmao...I've been running oring chains for years. DID x ring was very good, ran it for a year on mine, now a year on my gf's bike. I now have a Regina on my +6 and it hasn't stretched at all