Mull Engineering

RZBansheeMan

This is my RZ head that I had just received back from Brandon at Mull Engineering. This thing looks amazing and can't wait to finish this build.

I have included both before and after pics.

rzhead012.jpg

rzhead001.jpg

rzhead016.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks to Brandon for doing an awesome job !!!

Mike

It's been done before, not exactly sure who has done it, but Mull Engineering is not the first. I remember seeing it a long time ago and it was referred to as a " Turbo cut ", I didn't get mine done specifically for that though.

If you look at my pics, you can see that one of the chambers was pitted and gnarly looking and according to the guys from the RZ / RD forum the stock RZ head has a terrible squish band to begin with, so I decided to send it to Brandon because their design looked really cool. :dance:

Mike

Trinity used to do it, dont know if they still do but they did. I had them do one about 20 yrs ago and didnt see any difference. Mull does nice work though!

Thanks for the feedback Mike. The RZ heads do not give us as much to work with as the Banshee head but they certainly need all they can get. Please drop me a line when you run it to see how you like it. We can do a little more with it but some areas get pretty thin and we like to keep reliability at the top of the list.

Thanks for the feedback Mike. The RZ heads do not give us as much to work with as the Banshee head but they certainly need all they can get. Please drop me a line when you run it to see how you like it. We can do a little more with it but some areas get pretty thin and we like to keep reliability at the top of the list.

No problem, I'm very happy with the workmanship. I thought about maybe getting a custom .020" copper head gasket to get the squish a lil tighter though.

Mike

No problem, I'm very happy with the workmanship. I thought about maybe getting a custom .020" copper head gasket to get the squish a lil tighter though.

Mike

I would recommend it if you can find one. We have to remove quite a bit of material to get that squish area corrected. You are probably around .045-.050" on squish if the pistons come up to zero deck. I would like to see .010 off that number.