Suddenly NO Spark

97 Shee...Tors is all unplugged and was running just fine. Started it yesterday,and about 5 seconds later,it died. I have no spark now. Im mechanically inclined but hate electrical stuff. I have all the meters and test equipment so if someone could give me some direction I would really appreciate it. Making a trip from NC to Silver Lake Sand Dunes soon so I gotta get this thing goin! Thanks for any replies.

man i am not much help when it comes to testing the banshee electrical system. hopefully someone will chime in. do you have a clymers manual? i am pretty sure it lists all the electrical specs.

have you gone over your wiring harness to make sure you didnt have a ground come apart or to check for bare wires? it might be a long shot but could be worth a shot until someone lists the electrical specs.

ok, well i really hate and suck at chasin down electrical gremlins buuuut...i got out the tester and tested the coil..primary .5 and when i test the secondary, i dont get anything..nothing so im guessing my coil shit the bed

Are you testing the coil properly? The book says to check the secondary with the meter leads hooked to 1 plug wire and to ground. THAT IS WRONG, you should hook one meter lead to EACH plug wire and check the secondary resistance. The way the book describes is the correct way for a single cylinder coil or a coil that is used with a distributor. On a Banshee that fires both plugs at the same time, you need to check it the way I have described, also on cars that use coil packs you check them that way.

Edited by bansheesandrider

ok,just went downstairs and re-tested that way and same result..nothing. also,the primary reading isnt within specs as well. either way, i think i have found the culprit! already got one on order so hopefully get it soon and the silver lake sand dunes trip is still on

They clymer method for testing the stator is in fact correct...unlike the coil.

The main failures I see in Electrical systems are end caps on the coil (the coil them selves rarely go bad) and stators.

Keep in mind, the lighting side of the stator and the ignition side are two different items...as well.

Always check and/or add new grounds if they're in question. Electrical is the worst...by far.