New guy intro

So I bought a 99 shee yesterday for $1000. Needs some tlc but I'm pretty excited (and intimidated). First time quad owner, my last ride was a 90 cr125. Different worlds for sure. Haven't had it out yet but I did do a rip up the road and there is alot of power on tap. Gonna try to keep it tire side down lol. Anyway, glad this forum is here. Got alot of learning and tinkering to do. Cheers!

welcome to HQ bro :cheers:

if you need anything dont hesitate to ask!

thanks. Right now I'm just in cleaning and inspection mode. Have to set my idle speed. Even warmed up it'll die if I'm not on the throttle a little bit. I also snapped the head off one of the rear caliper pad retention bolts so I need to figure out if I can get it out and reuse the caliper or if I am stuck buying a different one. Bars are bent but I can live with that for now, might try to straighten them out. Need to beat my rear skidplate back out too as it's pushed up into the chain and brake rotor (which reminds me, rotor is warped to sh!t lol). Anyway, too broke to just start ordering parts so I'm going to take care o the freebie fixes that I can do in the garage while I wait for some coin and parts sources.

thanks. Right now I'm just in cleaning and inspection mode. Have to set my idle speed. Even warmed up it'll die if I'm not on the throttle a little bit. I also snapped the head off one of the rear caliper pad retention bolts so I need to figure out if I can get it out and reuse the caliper or if I am stuck buying a different one. Bars are bent but I can live with that for now, might try to straighten them out. Need to beat my rear skidplate back out too as it's pushed up into the chain and brake rotor (which reminds me, rotor is warped to sh!t lol). Anyway, too broke to just start ordering parts so I'm going to take care o the freebie fixes that I can do in the garage while I wait for some coin and parts sources.

i dont know if youre in the market but JDS Customs, one of our site sponsors makes custom rotors and a really nice skid plate. his website is www.jdscustoms.com.

i dont know if youre in the market but JDS Customs, one of our site sponsors makes custom rotors and a really nice skid plate. his website is www.jdscustoms.com.

thanks I'll look into that.

So took it out last night and 35 minutes into our ride I lost the ability to shift gears. Got stuck in first and managed to limp her back to the trailer. Hoping it's something cheap and easy :-S

pics to come ;-)

Hey Man

I also just got my first Banshee (and my first quad) and I'm in learning mode as well. You'll learn quite a bit just reading through the years of posts on this site. Let's see some pics of your 'Shee!

T

one thing I learned is I hate thumb throttle. Man did my shit cramp up and fast. What's the downside to converting to a twist grip cuz I also had an incident where I was climbing a hill and my hand slipped off. Sucked balls. Didn't bail but I'd really be alot more comfortable with my thumb gripping the bar as well.

Downside to Twist on an ATV is the amount the bars have to move to stear. There is a lot more leaning to stear involved on a 2 wheeler so you dont have to use the bars as much. Makes throttle control a little tougher in tight areas for people that dont have experience with them.

Downside to Twist on an ATV is the amount the bars have to move to stear. There is a lot more leaning to stear involved on a 2 wheeler so you dont have to use the bars as much. Makes throttle control a little tougher in tight areas for people that dont have experience with them.

valid point. I'm going to look into an extended thumb before I consider swapping to twist. Thanks.

Welcome BC . I didn't respond before because I thought maybe it was "Savage420" spoofing the site. Very knowledgeable guy, as are a lot on this site. Use the search function as much as possible , read a lot of threads , then post a question. Of course anyone that has hopped-up chainsaws .................

Welcome BC . I didn't respond before because I thought maybe it was "Savage420" spoofing the site. Very knowledgeable guy, as are a lot on this site. Use the search function as much as possible , read a lot of threads , then post a question. Of course anyone that has hopped-up chainsaws .................

Funny you mention chain saws. I've got a dead power wheels jeep, a welder and a weed wacker motor that keeps taunting me to Frankenstein lol.

Thanks.

I'm in the okanagan. Westbank specifically or Glenrosa if you really know the area ;)

Right on, i know the area very well. I actually bought the banshee i have now years ago from a guy up in Shannon lake by you. Your house get all messed up with the fire last year? We were watching if from gyro beach for a bit, shit was nasty! .

Anyways im just down the road on Shuswap lake man. I come over to k-town a bunch in the summer.

Lets tear shit up some time this summer, killer riding on the west side and all over, endless riding around here also. Few other banshees around that way too. :cheers:

Post up your bike.

Later

HAHAHA Larry...funny shit right there. I love chainsaws man. :lol:

Right on, i know the area very well. I actually bought the banshee i have now years ago from a guy up in Shannon lake by you. Your house get all messed up with the fire last year? We were watching if from gyro beach for a bit, shit was nasty! .

Anyways im just down the road on Shuswap lake man. I come over to k-town a bunch in the summer.

Lets tear shit up some time this summer, killer riding on the west side and all over, endless riding around here also. Few other banshees around that way too. :cheers:

Post up your bike.

Later

HAHAHA Larry...funny shit right there. I love chainsaws man. :lol:

totally! Everyone I know has dirtbikes so they ride a different trail style then what a quad wants. I figured out my shift problem. Screw that retains the shift star backed out and jammed up. No damage other than the screw. New ones in with blue loctite. Shifts just fine. Pics are coming, still putting it back together.