What is wrong with my bike

Nology, and Dynatech make good coils, but they aren't cheap. Nology also makes their own wires. Check with FAST for the Nology coil, and wires.

alright thanks for the help man.

it wouldnt hurt to get a new coil and wires, since talk about stock banshee wires are junk.

firebanshee, on 28 May 2010 - 10:28 PM, said:

Make sure were your coil mounts you have all the paint cleaned off,that is were your coil grounds it has to make good contact there.

i have not taken the paint off where the coil mounts.. its starts right up and sparks great until i ride it. once i take it for a ride its like it the spark is diminished

UMMMMMM, like i said clean off the paint, obliviously it is not working properly under a load.The coil HAS to be grounded there to work right.What about were the ground wire goes by the cdi?You have to have good grounds.

firebanshee, on 28 May 2010 - 10:28 PM, said:

UMMMMMM, like i said clean off the paint, obliviously it is not working properly under a load.The coil HAS to be grounded there to work right.What about were the ground wire goes by the cdi?You have to have good grounds.

the frame is freshly painted. i just stripped the paint and sanded the coil mounts. ill go do the cdi here later.

ill get to test it out tomorrow sometime and give everyone some feedback.

"stock banshee wires are junk" says who? they seem like perfectly fine solid core wire that lasts quite a while. also- how can you tell the spark went away? i wouldn't assume your way into a an expensive coil setup before confirming the problem. i had my e-brake wire somehow activate last ride when i pulled it off the trailer. just clipped the wire at the cdi and went ridding. as for break-in, get to head retorque point via cycles, like you have already done, and go do some plug chop runs. that is just about the best break-in you can do, but you have to get it to be able to, lol. try the grounds first, then inspect the wiring, and make sure the flywheel isn't coming loose, or overgapped pickup.

"stock banshee wires are junk" says who? they seem like perfectly fine solid core wire that lasts quite a while. also- how can you tell the spark went away? i wouldn't assume your way into a an expensive coil setup before confirming the problem. i had my e-brake wire somehow activate last ride when i pulled it off the trailer. just clipped the wire at the cdi and went ridding. as for break-in, get to head retorque point via cycles, like you have already done, and go do some plug chop runs. that is just about the best break-in you can do, but you have to get it to be able to, lol. try the grounds first, then inspect the wiring, and make sure the flywheel isn't coming loose, or overgapped pickup.

Well i was just watching about 4 people bitch about them in the shoutbox.. Nothing real solid to convince me to change mine because i have never had a problem with them. The reason im leaning towards the spark going away is because before i took my bike for its maiden voyage, i checked the spark and it looked great. went for a quick break in ride and maybe rode it for 1 minute and it fell flat on its face but it would still idle. honestly it kind of does the bog as if the parking brake was causing the problem. So after it did the bog thing i could idle it all the way back to the garage. I pulled the plugs and checked the spark and it was really weak. could barely even see it.. tried to start it back up while it was hot and it would still bog.. so i let it sit for 30 min. or so and start and i could rev it to the moon. but as soon as i would take off for another little break in ride it would act up again.

i sanded all of the ground connections to the bare frame today and tried it and still had the same problem. :confused:

honestly im not very good with anything electrical. if i took my time to learn it and had someone to show me i could pick it up pretty quick.. its just not something i ever really got into. On that note is why i would rather just buy new parts instead of testing them, mostly because i dont know how and i dont want to pay a mechanic to look everything over and charge me the same price i would pay for new parts.

this is what it is doing after i take it for a quick spin.

it will sit and idle just fine but as soon as gas is applied it dies out.

seems a lot like the parking brake deal, but unlike that i can ride it for a good 40 seconds or so.

it really acts like as soon as i put the engine under a load the spark just dies on me. but i really dont know.

Did you go through everything in the harness,sounds like a safety on the ignition.In any case start with the four wire plug from the stator,unwrap it to make sure of wire cont.Check the grounds,tors box is removed properly,parking brake safety is removed properly,You should be able to test from ground mount by cdi to the motor and get continuity.That really sounds like your slides are in wrong tripping a safety but I forgot if you had stock carbs.Any problems hit me up I have done a ton of custom harnesses for these things im sure youll figure it out

• 3 weeks later...

wiring harness was grounded out on my stinger tube. now thats fixed and it wont rev passed half throttle. i jetted it down from 330 mains to 300 mains to see if that was the issue. it wasnt still same problem. checked the reeds they were fine and re-sealed them. i also ran my buddies coil and cdi and still the same problem. could it be the wiring bad? i wrapped each wire individually around the one that burned and was grounding out. or could it possibly be the stator?

wiring harness was grounded out on my stinger tube. now thats fixed and it wont rev passed half throttle. i jetted it down from 330 mains to 300 mains to see if that was the issue. it wasnt still same problem. checked the reeds they were fine and re-sealed them. i also ran my buddies coil and cdi and still the same problem. could it be the wiring bad? i wrapped each wire individually around the one that burned and was grounding out. or could it possibly be the stator?

Did you try new plugs?

Did you try new plugs?

yep brand new plugs installed. barely any dis-coloration.

im really trying to learn how to use this multi meter thing. i think this cheapo on i bought is broke. no numbers come up lol..

gonna go grab a good one from my buddies shop

okay here is the new update. just ran some tests with the multimeter.

ignition coil- 18.5 ohms

pickup coil- 119.2 ohms

light coil- .30 ohms <-- i know doesnt affect how its running but tested it anyways

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AKHEATHEN- "if the wires melted and shorted on the stinger, they are probably a bit too cooked. are they black inside? also, could've done damage to the cdi, or stator."

i really didnt strip the wires to look. only 2 were melted so i individually wrapped all of the wires around the burnt area with electrical tape.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DiSkOe*1- "its the wires... if u get same shit on ur buds parts... i do wire work...ask around...do it in tha sand or my house... lol.... so if u like hit me up..."

how much do you charge for a harness. minus the key switch, parking switch, tors, throttle sensor?