Stroker rod question

Thanks man. Now I know what the deal on blaster pistons is too.

If you have a long rod stock stroke then you can run blaster pistons. You will need different domes though. Blaster pistons have a flatter crown and are a little shorter.

If your running a long rod 4 mill then you can run blaster pistons. You will need custom domes. They need to be cut for the stroker and be cut at a different angle.

• 3 weeks later...

So what is needed to run a 4mil 110rod crank. Will you notice power increase with the 4mill 110rod and do you need custom domes/pistons etc. ?????

cut stroker domes, or a spacer plate.

The 110 rod stroker crank uses stock banshee pistons. I wouldnt run one though because they are harder on piston skirts.

josh

So if you u run stroker domes then you dont need the spacer plate??? If you run the psacer plate, you can run standard domes?????

cut stroker domes, or a spacer plate.

The 110 rod stroker crank uses stock banshee pistons. I wouldnt run one though because they are harder on piston skirts.

josh

So if you u run stroker domes then you dont need the spacer plate??? If you run the psacer plate, you can run standard domes?????

Yep but it is pretty point less to run a cool head with standard domes and a spacer plate. Most of the time people use a spacer plate and a stock head. Cool head domes are just to easy to make compaired to machining a stock head.

The one thing you have to remember about the spacer plate is that since it raises the jugs up 2mm it also advancess all the port timings by 2mm's.

any stroker crank should be installed by someone who knows the tricks to get them to run droping in one with a spacer plate and messed up domes can result in a motor thats SLOWER than a properly built 350cc..

blaster pistons are'nt availabe till 66mm bore i believe. the 795 series is banshee style pistons in the lower bore's. also basegasket thickness and dome squish clearance all plays a part in a bomb motor or one thats reliable and runs like it should.