Hi. New to forums/Banshee

I would like to start by saying hello, since im new to what seems to be a great forum/community.

A few years ago i had some dirtbikes/quads which i had to get rid of, and always seemed to miss it.

The other day i jumped on Craiglist and found a blue 2006 bone stock blue Shee (I like the idea of it being stock) which he was asking 2700 for. I got him down to $2400 and took it home. Is that a good price for a clean 2006.

The bike was owned bye a 16 year old kid and looks like he didnt keep up with it. Missing bolts, dirty, but other than that no problems i could see yet. Starts first kick.

The only problem im having is that it seems to be spitting out way more smoke from one pipe than the other. What could this be???

And the other problem is that when i open her up and hit top of 4th, she seems to bog down and stops accelerating normally. What the hell could this be?

All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Alex

welcome to the site and congrats on the banshee. now i would also say another thing to look at is check the spark plug boot that is on the side that is not putting out as much smoke. pull it off the plug and shake it real good and if you hear a rattling then it is bad and needs replaced. i had the same issues and a buddy and i went through hell for weeks trying to figure it out. especially the bogging at high gear and rpm. good luck and i am sure will all the knowledge here that you will get it squared away.

Thanks guys for all fine suggestions. Yes ive learned more reading here the past week or two than what ive known since my riding days.

Im going to go ahead and check all mentioned things.

Then Banshee is not being ridden yet because i want to basically strip it down and restore it to as new a condition as i could get.

I ordered the Toomey T6 pipes, Jets, and Reeds already and will put them on as soon as i could get the bike cleaned up and where i want it to be.

I already removed both carbs and plugs and all seems normal. I cleaned the carbs,reeds, and flotes.

I guess im going to start the strip down tomorrow with my new tools i bought today in anticipation to get everything working perfect for when the parts come in.

Thanks alot guys. Great help, Alex.

Thanks guys for all fine suggestions. Yes ive learned more reading here the past week or two than what ive known since my riding days.

Im going to go ahead and check all mentioned things.

Then Banshee is not being ridden yet because i want to basically strip it down and restore it to as new a condition as i could get.

I ordered the Toomey T6 pipes, Jets, and Reeds already and will put them on as soon as i could get the bike cleaned up and where i want it to be.

I already removed both carbs and plugs and all seems normal. I cleaned the carbs,reeds, and flotes.

I guess im going to start the strip down tomorrow with my new tools i bought today in anticipation to get everything working perfect for when the parts come in.

Thanks alot guys. Great help, Alex.

throw up some pics man

Yeah i think i got a decent deal.

The only thing thats drivving me crazy is that a little 16 year old owned it and decided to spray paint the nerf bargs and half the motor a litgh brown color. What a moron.

So ive been stripping the paint off little by little. Im almost done with it. Once done ill throw some pics up. Thanks again fellas. Great help!!

Welcome to the site man. Make sure to hit up us site sponsors. Many of us offer great deals and discounts to all members. Shoot me a pm anytime you need anything. Parts, accessories, service or advice. :headbang: