bike wont start

so ive been running a modified stock timing plate for a while and decided it was time to install an adjustable timing plate. anyways, after i got it installed and put back together when i tried to fire it up it wouldnt start. i now it started fine before the install because i went riding on thursday and had nor problems gettin her fired up. before i get to tearing back into it i wanted to here what you guys thought it was. the only thing i can think of is either the pick up gap isnt set right (dont know if that would prevent it from starting or not) or when i removed the stock timing plate theres was a little black wire that was attached to it (ground wire?) and when i installed the pick up on the new timing plate maybe i didnt connect that wire properly?

it doesnt seem like its getting any spark either. i replaced the stock plug caps with new ngk plug caps and have brand new plugs with fresh gas in it.

The pick up gap would def keep it from starting.

when i set it i just used a playing card to measure the gap. not sure if thats the correct way to do it or not. if it is, am i supposed to be able to slide the card in and out pretty easily or should it be a little bit of a squeeze? as it is now it doesnt feel like the card is being pinched or anything when i slide it in between the flywheel and pick up. maybe i'll just mess with it a little and see if closing or opening the gap will get her to start. :shrugani:

so i adjusted the pick up gap both in and out and i got nothing. i also took the timing plate back off and did find the little ground wire disconnected so i hooked it back up but it still didnt fire up?!?! i fuckin hate electrical problems! :angry:. any more ideas?

so i adjusted the pick up gap both in and out and i got nothing. i also took the timing plate back off and did find the little ground wire disconnected so i hooked it back up but it still didnt fire up?!?! i fuckin hate electrical problems! :angry:. any more ideas?

Double checked that the black wire, yellow wire and harness coming out of the stator cover are connected & the connectors are good and tight where they hit the main harness?

had the same exact thing happen to me when i installed my timing plate. Turns out when i was installing it i ended up pulling on the wires abit and one of the wires in my kill switch had broken and moved and was touching another wire so the switch was wired off..... lol drove me insane before i figured it out... just a thought though

dude . real easy...... before u go pulling ur freaking hair out.. ohm test ur stator.. i did the same thing put a timing plate my shit wont start no more.... i fucked up the stator some way i dont know how....... i oput another stator in it and it started like a champ.. u cannot over torque the 3 startor bolts to the plate... but please grab ur DVOM and ohm test ur stator it takes 1 minute to test all 3 circuits. ur pick up. ur lighting and ur ignition

so im pretty sure i found my problem. i tested the stator and all seems well. the ignition coil however is shot (i think). it tested at .8 ohms for the primary and im pretty sure its supposed to be somewhere around 3 ohms? the secondary test resulted in a lower number as it wouldnt even give a reading. with that said, should i buy an oem replacement or should i just fork out the extra doja and spring for a dyna or nology coil?

btw, thanks for the help guys! its much appreciated!