TRX250R

how do I tell?? the expansion chamber does unbolt in the center.

last I checked they had, big bore pipe, adjustable pipe, and non adjustable. the LRD adjustable does un bolt in the center to adjust the range you run in

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only 2 places in my opinion to get a 250r ported is eddie sanders racing in california or arlan at LEd(formerly of LRD). They can both build up a nice 250r engine. Many different ways to go if you want to go big bore. Sleeve a stock cylinder or go with a pro-x cylinder. Stock cylinder can go to a 310. Pro-x can go 310,330,350, and then larger if you want to put in a stroker crank. Anythinkg over a 310 will require to cases to be bored to get the cylinder to slip in. If you go with the pro-x go with the powervavle. No comparison to the non powervalve. You have the pipe, now would just need a larger carb to make it breathe. Both of those places have the cylinders on the shelf, or can get them quick. Getting you current cylinder ported could take some time with the shipping both ways as well as waiting in line to get ported. The 310 should be able to beat his buddies banshee, no problem.

this is a dumb thing to say there are a lot of great porters for r's out there, brandon with wildcard did mine

esr has the worst customer service ive ever dealt with and there porting that comes with there cylinders is far from good(maybe if you pay extra they will do a better job i never asked)

but nate mccoy has a great reputation for r cylinders and so does neil with c-leigh racing

the only 2 places in my opinion to get a 250r ported is eddie sanders racing in california or arlan at LEd(formerly of LRD).

No chance in hell that I would ever send my motor to a mass production place. You are completely wrong on this one. By going to ESR or LRD you are leaving a LOT of horsepower on the table.

They don't port for "you". They take a cylinder out of the casting. Touch the ports up and throw it on a shelf and wait for you to buy it. There is so much to porting a cylinder that you simply can not buy an off the shelf cylinder and be happy with it.

Spend your money with somebody who will build your motor to suit YOU, and not for their convenience.

like I said it is my opinion. Just trying to help out a guy with his build. You did not even have anything to help this guy, just bash what I had to say. Why don`t you just go back to the sandbox and play with your other 6 year old friends

Everyone has a person or place they prefer, fact is there's lots of places that do good port work on Rs. I wouldn't be surprised if the site sponsors have done pretty good port work on Rs already.

like I said it is my opinion. Just trying to help out a guy with his build. You did not even have anything to help this guy, just bash what I had to say. Why don`t you just go back to the sandbox and play with your other 6 year old friends

I did help him by steering him away from the people you seem to have a hard on for.

And wherever my sandbox happens to be for that particular weekend...you and your ESR port job better stay the fuck away. I know more about 250r performance than you'll ever learn by reading Dirt Wheels.

But if you still feel strongly about it. How about you and I race our 250r's?

i just got a woods 89 trx 250 r, lrd adjustable pipe, ported , and wanted to restore it over the winter. i wanna be able to make my buddies on 75 hp banshees work for every inch in a drag race. what do i gotta do? this was chris borichs woods bike from about 10 years ago.the only thing stock is the frame and rear hubs.i know sonny is an r guy from way back. i hate lrd leaky ass adjustable pipes. looking for a bolt on cylinder and a non adjustable pipe. anyone point me in the right direction?

i just got a woods 89 trx 250 r, lrd adjustable pipe, ported , and wanted to restore it over the winter. i wanna be able to make my buddies on 75 hp banshees work for every inch in a drag race. what do i gotta do? this was chris borichs woods bike from about 10 years ago.the only thing stock is the frame and rear hubs.i know sonny is an r guy from way back. i hate lrd leaky ass adjustable pipes. looking for a bolt on cylinder and a non adjustable pipe. anyone point me in the right direction?

chris borich's R? thats bad ass! if its set up for woods the porting must be for torque instead of high rpms and obviously the sprockets need to be changed. your bike is made to win in the woods, I say if you wanna beat banshees in drag to get a banshee your self! keep the R though thats sick. I wonder if anyone knows where bill balences R ended up after it was stolen with his race trailer?

chris borich's R? thats bad ass! if its set up for woods the porting must be for torque instead of high rpms and obviously the sprockets need to be changed. your bike is made to win in the woods, I say if you wanna beat banshees in drag to get a banshee your self! keep the R though thats sick. I wonder if anyone knows where bill balences R ended up after it was stolen with his race trailer?

i didn t say i wanted to beat them, i have built a banshee in 2 months last year that smoked them . i just wanna harang them on a 1 lunger.

i didn t say i wanted to beat them, i have built a banshee in 2 months last year that smoked them . i just wanna harang them on a 1 lunger. this r is geared real low, and is very torky on bottom.