2009 Banshee

I was watching you tube videos on banshee's, and i watched this 2009 banshee. So i did some looking around and yamaha sells them in mexico for 94,000 pecos. thats about $7,700 us dollars. where i'm going with this is why did they stop making them in the US?

because our messed up government believes that 2 strokes and the oil they burn is destroying the planet,so they made a law banning all 2 strokes from being sold new at dealerships.

Edited by VegasJeff

The cutoff is around 2011-2014, I forget. (When the ban on selling 2-strokes goes in effect)

But since the 450's are the hot sellers and taking over, they figured they would just cut it off in the US and kill the banshee gracefully, since it would have to be ended eventually.

Im not 100% sure but I think thats the deal.

The cutoff is around 2011-2014, I forget. (When the ban on selling 2-strokes goes in effect)

But since the 450's are the hot sellers and taking over, they figured they would just cut it off in the US and kill the banshee gracefully, since it would have to be ended eventually.

Im not 100% sure but I think thats the deal.

There is no ban 2 strokes not now, not in 2014, not ever...

Non "closed course" vehicles do have to meet emissions requirements, this has nothing to do with anything being a 2 stroke. KTM and Yamaha have made statements to the effect of supporting the 2 stroke platform for the foreseeable future.

Look at the marine outboard and snowmobile industry both are continuing to sell 2 strokes and have no plans on stopping.

ride now on ranch blvd out here in vegas has 2010 kawasaki kx100s,kx250s,and some 125s, they also have some yamahas, and suzukis also. look around guys,they are still there, just theyre ninjas

There is no ban 2 strokes not now, not in 2014, not ever...

Non "closed course" vehicles do have to meet emissions requirements, this has nothing to do with anything being a 2 stroke. KTM and Yamaha have made statements to the effect of supporting the 2 stroke platform for the foreseeable future.

Look at the marine outboard and snowmobile industry both are continuing to sell 2 strokes and have no plans on stopping.

I am not going to say that the 2 stroke is dead in the marine industry, but it is getting awful hard to find a new 2 stroke outboard or personal watercraft here in Oregon.

2 strokes are alive and well here in Canada. The dealers sell tons of them. I was at Quadpro the other day and they had a showroom full of KTM 2 strokes. I went to the local MX track and 8 out of 10 people were riding new 2 strokes. There are 7 or 8 new 2008 Banshees coming in as well. I bet Honda regrets the fact that nobody buys their CR 's around here anymore.

I am not going to say that the 2 stroke is dead in the marine industry, but it is getting awful hard to find a new 2 stroke outboard or personal watercraft here in Oregon.

Evinrude is still 100% Two Stroke. http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/Engines

I predict the Two Stroke will be used in more platforms in the future for many reasons.

Don