lock up cover - do it yourself?

Valin

Guys, can you buy the kit to modify your stock cover to accommodate the glass, interchangeable lock up covers? I can machine the outside of my cover down easily, but is there enough meat in there to drill and tap bolts to hold on the cover pieces? Where can I buy the bolt on pieces?

Guys, can you buy the kit to modify your stock cover to accommodate the glass, interchangeable lock up covers? I can machine the outside of my cover down easily, but is there enough meat in there to drill and tap bolts to hold on the cover pieces? Where can I buy the bolt on pieces?

So - do you like to "do it yourself"?? :rotflmao:

Sorry could not resist.

So - do you like to "do it yourself"?? :rotflmao:

Sorry could not resist.

I knew he had it coming, lol. Anyway about the lock up cover, i think it's just best to buy the whole cover with the glass already installed. I think the diameter of the glass may be bigger that what you can machine out of the original. I have seen guys who just cut a whole around the middle of the stock cover and cut a piece of Plexiglas glass to accommodate the hole and use the three holes for the screws that the stocker already has.

funny, i can't find it, not to say their site doesn't take rocket science to navigate, lol........they used to have one, but mabey dd has the 12bolt cover peices, and you can machine your cover for that, i believe

If I recall correctly, Alf44 could get them for around $150. IMO it's a waste of time and money.