Banshee cutting out

Ok, heres my mods.

Toomey exhaust, .020 over, pro design cool head with 21cc domes, K&N pods, +4 timing.

The last time i rode the bike is when there was only .020 over, and toomey exhaust, jetting was perfect.

I honed out the cylinder, ordered new pro light pistons, put a cool head on with 21cc domes, added the k&n pods, and the timing plate. I went bumped the size of jets i think by 2 at first. It fired right up, revved it up a cpl times, let it warm up, and took off. Started down the road and it start cutting out, or popping..kinda how my last banshee did when i had a bad stator. So i get a new stator, put it back on, set pickup gap to .017, and boom, same thing. tried going from a 300 main to a 310, then 320, then 330, and same. I am stumped. Put new gas in it, 50/50 with avgas and 91, mixed with klotz 40:1....tors is removed, im stumped, cant figure it out....reeds looked good as well. havent done a compression test, but top end went together smoothly, pistons were nice and tight in the sleeve, everything.

Can someone help me figure this out?

Test, test and TEST. Comp test, leak down test, squish test and do a plug chop or 2.

Check back. icon_devil.gif

spark plug caps.... mine fucked up on me twice one bad cap it wont even idle but when u rev it up it transfers the electricy cuz it has more juice but when u let off it will pop bang and miss and shit, anything lower than like 5000 rpm mine ran on one cylinder and wanted to stall

the short stock carb needles would be to rich with 300 mains unless you have the longer one . you should heat cycle the rings in the engine tell the engine gets warm with slite tiney blips of throttle in nutral tell the engine gets warm . then shut it of and let cool down then restart engine and do it again like five times . then go ride it with out loading it up or going over 1/4 throttle tell the tank is empty then fill it and go for another ride good luck breakin the ringes in. dont push it to hard let of the gas if it dont sound right . :whoa:

spark plug caps...

I've learned time and time again...if you change jetting by a few numbers and it doesn't change a thing...stop.

It's electrical....

I'd say bad spark plug caps or your flywheel might be bad. Once you change the spark plug end caps...if it still does it, remove the flywheel and shake it. If you can hear something broken up inside, it's bad.

im pretty positive the coil is grounded good. it was running good before the rebuild, just my compression test showed otherwise. tors was already removed prior to rebuild as well. I will get some new caps tomorrow and put them on and see what she does. I will also do a compression test tomorrow if i don't see any results from the new caps. crossing my fingers on the caps.

ok guys, put my stock head back on. have 180 psi in both cylinders (i know, high right..must have been shaved or something) it was alot better than it was. but, left cylinder, plug was nice and tan with 330 mains....left side spark plug still looks brand new??? im getting spark, reeds look good...jets are clean?