Running bad

• 1 month later...

ok so I have dropped to a 270 main and moved needle clip. Now the bikes still smoking like crazy, dosent rev up clean,sometimes smoke changes from one cylinder to the other and it sounds like a old blaster also spark plugs are oily but the oil can be wiped right off and plug looks clean again??

ok so I have dropped to a 270 main and moved needle clip. Now the bikes still smoking like crazy, dosent rev up clean,sometimes smoke changes from one cylinder to the other and it sounds like a old blaster also spark plugs are oily but the oil can be wiped right off and plug looks clean again??

Is the choke tube connected between the two carbs? Sounds as if you have an airleak.

Im pretty sure there are no airleaks checked choke tube took it off n put it back on again emptyed out gas and put in fresh gas and nothing also i have to hold the gas to start it and takes me about 20 kicks to start and sometimes backfires when kicking oil spits out of pipes to.

Edited by 03badazzbanshee

Im pretty sure there are no airleaks checked choke tube took it off n put it back on again emptyed out gas and put in fresh gas and nothing also i have to hold the gas to start it and takes me about 20 kicks to start and sometimes backfires when kicking oil spits out of pipes to.

Time for a top end try a compression test :confused:

Take your carbs apart, clean them put them back together and make sure everything is connected rite. and put the needel back where it was and start messing with main jet sizes/Pilote according to where its not running rite. Do plug chops. Run you air/fuel screw one and a half turns out and adjust a quarter turn out if need be. If its flooding that bad that shoud help figure out why. Try not to use the choke when starting it and just give it a blip or two to get gas.

Also do a comression check to see if you need to rebuild.