A new idea for Banshee porting

SLORYDER

Now I've seen this done on 250 r's , suzuki lt's and sm's, but not really on the banshee.

What I would like to try is to drill 2 additional ports from the intake directly into the auziliary rransfers. To me this mod would substantially increase the flow through the transfers and reduce pumping losses..

Now, I know there will be limitations, such as hitting the water jackets and getting the angles right, but I don't see and reason not to try it.

I mean let's talk about what effect it would have on things; first and foremost it would reduce the velocity through the transfers, the degree depending on the size of the ports-but would this necessarily be a bad thing if you are shooring for mid-top end hp?

I guess getting the angle exactly the same as the secondaries would be difficult to impossible, but what would the effect be of putting them at less of an angle bu 15 or so degrees or so?

I have actually seen a pic of banshee jugs with these ports installed, so it looks like it is possible.

Thoughts?

"worm holes" "boost ports" "boysen ports" etc, yah it's been done allot, but, as mentioned, welding is needed to make tham of any substantial size. otherwise, you have to be really carefull, and make them of a small diameter

Nothing new here, my passion 12 port has these boost ports (boysean ports) cut in them, and matching holes machiend into the liner, then jim had to tig weld the cylinders at booth rear areas on the outside of the cylinders.

Cody

Not sure if I agree with creating a port from the aux port to the bore but to each their own. Those cylinder looks really good though. Jim does nice work.

Brandon

So i was just looking at a set of cylinders I got from someone and there supposed to be drag ported. These boost ports are there and so is the welding. I was wondering what this was all about. So what are the benifits of this and is it a good thing? Do you have to run a certain type of piston?

So i was just looking at a set of cylinders I got from someone and there supposed to be drag ported. These boost ports are there and so is the welding. I was wondering what this was all about. So what are the benifits of this and is it a good thing? Do you have to run a certain type of piston?

Those boost ports allow you to have a denser fuel charge.The boost ports do this by allowing the fuel charge to flow through the ports and get drawn down into the crank case before the windows in the piston line up with the intake ports.You do not need special pistons.

Worm holes, boost ports, auxillary ports, whatever you call them, they do make a difference. The local shop I work with for my porting shows no gains on a flow bench and no real peak power increases, however when coupled a larger exhaust port there are decent gains to be had over using one with out the other. In testing the real gains are in a more linear or broad power band wich comes on sooner and lasts longer and a noticable throttle response is a huge bonus.

• Like 1