Which override are you using

blowit

They cut 1-6 overrides now.

They will never be dunable, and they will always be 100% tempermental.

EVERY single one of them out now you MUST be 100% stopped before even thinking of downshifting.

They will grenade if you are still moving and downshifting. Even .005 MPH. No BS.

There simply is not enough room in the case or on the trans shaft to make a full 6 speed dunable override.

Period.

The cost it would take to have Mattoon make a set of cases and someone like Robinson to make the gears would be so exhorbant...it wouldn't be worth it, especially if you factor in most racing is done in 300ft or 660 feet.

Any 300 foot rider only needs 2-5.

However, if you ever go to the dunes, ride the ice or hit the pavement....especially on smaller motors you really need 1st gear.

Launching in 2nd on a smaller motor with tall 1/8 or 1/4 mile gearing is very, VERY tough to do.

That being said...I have a 1-5N down dunable that after 3 years of abuse still looks and shifts like new.

By abuse I mean a LOT of passes down the track.

Good point able us smaller motors needing 1st. Since I don't drag race only I do tend to put around or take the gf for a ride. Takes too much clutch work to get it moving with my 15/41 gearing and pro wedges. And I don't even think my bike would pull 6th gear worth a damn if it had it. I'd prob have to go back to a 14t front.

And thanks for explaining why there will never be a 6 gear dunable, always was curious.

Robinson Billet full override 6 speed with lower 1st and 6th gears.

Also use billet shift forks.

Never again have a replace gears from being broken or be wore out . Save money and time.

Stock shift forks are weak. Not made to use with a override tranny.

Got over 200 1/4 mile passes on my billet 6 speed and it looks brand new.

Well worth the money. Will last for years to come..

I race to win. Not to go home with a broken tranny..

And how much is that Robinson Billet Trans for the boys and girls tuned in?

$2500.

There will be many atv asphalt draggers on the east coast racing at The Rock in June with those tranny's.

30 plus.

Edited by atv asphalt drag racer

id have a billet tranny if they werent so damn expensive. i also heard that robinson is not so great to deal with?

also, if you go to the billet shift forks and take out the weak link, whats the next thing to break?

He can't answer this. I posted it 3 times in one thread, had blowit and dave respond with the same question and he just avoided it. I'm not saying he doesn't know his stuff or whatever, but "there is no answer" for this.

He can't answer this. I posted it 3 times in one thread, had blowit and dave respond with the same question and he just avoided it. I'm not saying he doesn't know his stuff or whatever, but "there is no answer" for this.

i kind of figured that much. all i know is that id rather bend a $30 shift fork than trash a shift drum that would have to be re-cut or trash gears that would have to be re-cut.

If you spent all your time on pavement and/or had a BIG motor, I could see one of these Robinson trans being worth the loot.

For the average sand/dirt drag race guy with a nominal motor, they're just not cost effective.

I've heard his customer service is shit too. Don't know personally....

I look at it this way, he's the most widely known guy cutting these complete billet trannys.

Everyone can sit there and bash Windows/Microsoft for their product, but at the end of the day you pay way more (MAC, etc.) or deal with what is available...