The Ultimate Piston poll!

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im running wiseco right now but only because i traded top ends. i had just rebuilt my last top end with wsm platinum series and i was really impressed with the quality. cant say much for durability since i only had maybe 10 hours on them when i swapped. the rings wsm uses are extremely tough looking. they look to be a lot thicker than wiseco rings. my next rebuild will be with wsm pistons, not to mention they are about 50 bucks cheaper

i would vote for wiseco's that were built 3-6 years ago. if you look at the bottom there should be a lil bitty W on them. i believe if the W is not there they are the "newer pistons"...

wossner and vertex pistons are also nice. used vertex in dirt bikes for a long time..

if they have thicker rings and its not needed, thats more surface area on the bore so there will be more drag = less power.

that is not nesicarily true....depends on how they are designed. also, it may be to help prevent sticking and/or deflection for a longer seal life. another thing about wsm- their ported/windowed piston is the only one made to retain structural strength with the extra boost port and widened windows, as apposed to a modified piston, where you risk it breaking.

I've been keeping my eye on that as well...

I gotta get a new set of slugs for my motor this year, hopefully it's not the case.

With the state of the economy, it wouldn't surprise me although I would be dissapointed.

Vitos for a stock piped bike. +5 WHP

Weisco or wsm for ported bikes because the exhaust duration should already be ideal

speaking of "other aplications" the first thing i looked for when i got the shee was sealed power teflon coated pistons, lol. they had a verry noticable improvement in throttle response and power in the hp454 i built for an airboat.....man, that thing ran

speaking of "other aplications" the first thing i looked for when i got the shee was sealed power teflon coated pistons, lol. they had a verry noticable improvement in throttle response and power in the hp454 i built for an airboat.....man, that thing ran

Have your own done.

SwainTechPiston.jpg

that was my origional plan with the cp-9 friction/ceramic combo from swaintech, like yours......in a prolite....but i heard/saw pics of major galling, but idk if it was oil starved or not......anyways, i decided to go with the wsm ported/teflon piston

• 1 month later...

i dont know about the banshee's yet but i run diamond in a 360/408 stroker sb mopar with 100-300hp of the laughing gas have 5 yrs on them several other problems but same pistons one even has a little ding from a valve still np

• 2 weeks later...

well thought i would let this one run a bit to see how long it would take for some one to say that vitos pistons are wisecos funny no one has.

probably because everyone is running wisecos from wiseco, not wisecos from vitos.