Just replaced my clutch Need some advice please

Good evening Guys,

I replaced my clutch today and now I'm getting a little rattle type noise from that side. When I pull in the clutch lever in it stops.

I aligned the arrows correctly and the clutch feels right when I ride it. Just a little concerned about the noise.

Please advise me so i can make the correction.

Edited by troyzstang

Could be one of the bolts that is on the springs is loose and when you pull the lever in there is tension so it stops rattling.

I was afraid someone would reply with that exact solution. I should have used locktite dammit banghead

slack off the cable and see how much play the arm on the case has before it hits the clutch release......if there is more than 1/4" it's too loose. then you suck it up with the cable with just a little play before it hits. other than that, look at all the gears and make sure the hub is on tight, and kicker is correct.

i just got mine together too. i also have this rattle only at idle and goes away when revved or clutch is pulled. it did it before the rebuild too. all trans bearings looked good and i do have a hinson clutch. i torqued all fasteners to spec. it has me stumped. it runs and shifts good.

i just got mine together too. i also have this rattle only at idle and goes away when revved or clutch is pulled. it did it before the rebuild too. all trans bearings looked good and i do have a hinson clutch. i torqued all fasteners to spec. it has me stumped. it runs and shifts good.

Yeah I've got the same basket too. Let me know if you figure it out.

You don't need loctite on the bolts that hold the springs down, and they only need 7.5 ft. lbs or torque. They will snap much beyond that.

I would check to make sure you're not missing the THICK ass washer behind the clutch basket and make sure the kick starter assembly is in place properly.

my clutches have always rattled until i pull the clutch in. i think especially with aftermarket clutches where you take the stock cushions out they have a tendency to rattle.

and i agree about no loctite. the springs keep constant pressure on those bolts. theyre not going anywhere.

dave, i dont think the basket will even turn without that washer behind it will it?

Good evening Guys,

I replaced my clutch today and now I'm getting a little rattle type noise from that side. When I pull in the clutch lever in it stops.

I aligned the arrows correctly and the clutch feels right when I ride it. Just a little concerned about the noise.

Please advise me so i can make the correction.

sound like you're clutch basket has some groves in it where you put the clutches you might be able to file it if it aint that bad or you might have to replace it

sound like you're clutch basket has some groves in it where you put the clutches you might be able to file it if it aint that bad or you might have to replace it

No grooves in the basket.It's a fairly new Hinson and I checked it when I replaced the clutch.

I think I'm just being a little to cautious.

I hope :rolleyes:

i just pulled the cover again, double check the exploded views. i do have the thick washer in place. double check the basket for wear. everything is checking out. as far as i can tell the kick starter is in place. if i bump up the idle just a touch it goes away. did notice before it was quieter with gearsaver in it. i now have royal purple syncromax which has the viscosity of a atf. i guess i will just have to keep an eye on it.

i just pulled the cover again, double check the exploded views. i do have the thick washer in place. double check the basket for wear. everything is checking out. as far as i can tell the kick starter is in place. if i bump up the idle just a touch it goes away. did notice before it was quieter with gearsaver in it. i now have royal purple syncromax which has the viscosity of a atf. i guess i will just have to keep an eye on it.

everyone I have switched to the lighter oil they seem to rattle but the clutch works better, with the gear saver oil the clutch never seems to release properly I think your ok. I switch to vitos clutch plates they hook up better than the hinson ones did.

I have a billet basket and a fast clutch with hd springs , pancacke berring running atf type f and mine rattles also until I give it gas or pull the clutch. Think its just what they do loco is prob right about removeing those rubber ring from a stock clutch makes sense to me. just ride it like ya stole it. If it breaks then you know you did your job.