Acrtic Cat ZL440 shocks

So Cal Suspension

If it was that much of an improvement definitely worth the 77 bones. Something to look into.

I was just thinking. These probably wouldn't work out for our "big boned" friends. I'm about 180lbs, but still have more adjustment on the preload. The guy that sold me mine, has two more up on eBay right now. He said he would combine shipping for me, but you'd have to ask.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-ARCTIC-CAT-ZL-ZR-440-SNOWMOBILE-FRONT-SHOCK-RYDEFX-/380219743939?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Snowmobile_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5886dcdec3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-ARCTIC-CAT-ZL-ZR-440-SNOWMOBILE-FRONT-SHOCK-RYDEFX-/380219743958?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Snowmobile_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5886dcded6

I was just thinking. These probably wouldn't work out for our "big boned" friends. I'm about 180lbs, but still have more adjustment on the preload. The guy that sold me mine, has two more up on eBay right now. He said he would combine shipping for me, but you'd have to ask.

I'll have to take it up with the boss. I'll let you know.

For us big boned ppl, you can always opt to get FOX shocks from a older ZR vs the ZL like the OP got. The ZR is gonna be valved heavier and the spring rates are quite a bit stiffer. Might be perfect for a +2 arms set up.

I believe that 1997.5 580zr through 1999 are gonna be very close to the correct length, even if there a little long its very common to throw some slugs in them to shorten them up.

Back in the day when I used to snow cross race I had a spare set of front shocks and I always thought about trying to mount them, but never got around to it. I went the easy/expensive route and bought aftermarket shocks.

Good to see some other ppl thinking outside the box.

F&F

• 3 weeks later...

ok so i got my snowmobile shocks in the mail from ebay. got them all installed. havent really tested them out. but i rode it around the neighborhood and riding up on the curb and its surely not like the stock shocks. the stock shocks you could ride up on the curb and the other tire would come off the ground with these new snowmobile shocks both tires stayed on the ground and it was much smoother. i would say they are well worth the 70 bucks i spent. now desert season needs to get here so i can really try them out. sorry for the crappy pic but all i haved is my phone cam for now.

0521101903.jpg

Larry, I just picked up a set of 450 shocks that I am going to be modding (it's a secret)... I MIGHT be switching over to those once they are done. If you don't find any by the time these 450 shocks are done, I'll probably sell you mine. They are already black, and in perfect shape. I'll let you know! :cheers:

Id be interested in picking them up from ya if larry dont want them, pm me when your ready to sell!