421 compression

Joejr915

i have a 421 in 4mm 115mm longrod with blaster pistons. i have 17cc domes and have 210-215 compression. i think is to high. does anyone have compression readings with 18cc and 19cc domes. my alttude is about 1000 above sea level. i dont know what i need and where to buy at. i was looking for about 180-190 compression. please help thanks

To much compression can accually hurt you, causes the motor to work against itself, I run 21cc cut 9 degrees, my compression is around 160, squish is about 49 thou. id try a lil higher cc domes and get your comp down and see if you get any better results.

All that compression will def kill your over-rev,i use to rattle plugs loose with 18cc domes on alky, i put in 21cc domes and pumped about 180ish at sea level and my bike ran alot harder and ALOT more reliable. You should lower your compression and run more timing.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree with you guys more.

I like to stick to 165 to 185 Cranking compression and add timing, it's easier on the bottom end and...it's easier to adjust timing than it is compression.

As said, that much compression is killing overrev and top end. Shoot for 180ish. With your setup, probably a 20cc domes is what I would shoot for.

Are you flat dragging, hill shooting, duning, etc?

• 2 weeks later...

Gary I run 19cc cut domes in my cub. 175 pounds compression. Im going to bump it up to around 185-190 this year and see if it helps. The domes you had in it before was killing your topend. We run 500 feet. If those dont work let me know I can hook you up with getting a custom set cut for your set up.