My suspension setup...In detail.

locogato11283

I have a 90hp+ shee with stock suspension, but I only use it for straight line.. I use a yfz for jumping.

you might be surprised how much better it will hook and handle with better suspension. its not all just about jumping. with the right rear end especially on a drag setup, the bike will launch harder and get more power to the wheels.

I got a question. I got a killer deal on works shocks about a year ago. Fronts are triple rate with remote reservoirs and the rear has a remote resi. Now my question is would it be better to sell those and get a higher grade shock or send those and get them set up for me? I completely agree with making sure the suspension is right i just want to know if i should get better suspension. I don't want to drop some insane amount of money though. This would just be for duning btw.

to be honest, i would save up some money for some elkas or something comparable. you can always sell the works later. in my opinion, elka is second to none as far as shock quality and ride goes. plus, the guys at elka are super easy to deal with. keep an eye out for some used elkas. it doesnt take much to get them set up for your weight, riding style and arm length.

After my first banshee,the order of importance went like this......

tires

handlebars

shocks

..and then pipes,reeds ,coolhead etc.

I did not even take my 2nd or 3rd banshees out on trail without tires and suspension work after i realized how exhausting a stock suspension shee can be.

But I like the Works shocks,they are cheap and simple when it comes to rebuilding them,the only bad shocks are the at-steelers,because the lack of adjustment,you literally have to break the shock down and change out the springs and check balls to change the valving.Also oil weight makes a huge difference in the dampening.Always run a thick oil than you would think you need.

Spend the money on rebound and comp adjustable would be my advice

Edited by bigborebanshee

Ok just curious, what about Fox? Specifically the Floats?

ive got NO experience with the fox shocks, but here is what i can tell you. a guy in minnesota a few years back ran them for a season. he is a good rider and had a decent setup. the next year he comes back with elkas all the way around and goes faster. to me, his bike seemed smoother on the hill and that can make a world of difference especially on a shitty hill. just my observations as i have no hands on experience with them. i know that he liked the elkas much better.

i've ridden on fox floats, the thing about them are they are extremely adjustable you can make them insanely plush with lighter air pressure or as stiff as you need for jumping, they are good shocks. Before i got floats i'd get the new axis air chambered shocks, they are linked together for equal pressures, i haven't riddin on them but they seem like a very good concept. I personally have elkas on my 450 and ohlins on my banshee can't complain about either. I think you get what you pay for the more expensive the shock is the better it is. My buddy has a wash/PEP set up on his 450 and it rides far better than my laegars/elka on my 450 both yfz's