Banshee Newbie - Need advice

Hey guys I am new to the Banshee world. A little bit about my background. I have owned Yamaha's all my life. Started out on the YZ80 and moved up to the big boy YZ250. I have been a dirtbike kinda guy until a few years ago. I went out and bought a Raptor :whoa: a few months ago and now I have acquired a Banshee. I got it pretty cheap at $1600. I have started making some modifications to it to make it look a little better. Problem is tho the Banshee cant hang with the Raptor. The Raptor has been rejetted and has aftermarket pipes and is set up to race. Here is where my dilemma starts. The guy I bought the Banshee from left it stock. The only aftermarket mods it has is nerf bars and a grab bar. It does have a Uni airfilter. That is it. I want to mod it up a little bit so it can hang with the 660. Where should I start? I just bought FMF Fatty Pipes for it with Core 2 Silencers. I know im gonna need to rejet it. Other than that what else are things I can do that wont take to much time? I just dont know much about Banshees so I figured I would ask the experts :-D

Here are some pics of the Banshee

img0446l.jpg

img0448qa.jpg

Well, with the pipes alone you should be good.

Next I would get a coolhead with smaller domes,and an adjustable timing plate. You will be able to smoke the raptor with these extra mods.

Or you could say screw it and get it stroked and ported!

It could cost anywhere from $700-$2500 depending on what route you wanted to go. Used parts or new. 4mm spacer plate or 4mm cut domes. It will also depend on what you want to spend on Bolt-ons, Transmission mods,carbs, Extra welds and bearings on the crank and then pipes to match your port. $2400 is what I spent on mine, but I bought everything new. and did all the reliability mods. Don't get discouraged by that price. I know it can be done for under a grand.

Oh....by the way, It was worth every penny :headbang:

To correctly stroke and port your motor, your looking at $2500 bucks. You can get a real strong running bike for alot less than that though. The Pipes you bought are good pipes and they will increase the power on your bike quite a bit. When you put those pipes on, remove the stock air box lid and jet accordingly. Another cheap power adder is a timing plate. You can get one for around $40 bucks or so. You will also need to purchase a flywheel puller to intall it, $15. If you have the cash, invest into a cool head and put some smaller domes in it to increase your compression, $200-$250. With pipes, compression and timing, that bike will really wake up! One of the first investmests you should make is a Tors removal kit. That won't help you with power, but it will eliminate alot of future problems and make your bike alot easier to work on. WELCOME TO THE HQ! beer.gif

Yea $2500 is a little more than im looking to spend lol. As far as rejetting goes what do you recommend? I live in Virginia. Any type brand better than others? Dynojet?

310 mains 27.5 pilots air screw 1 1/2 turn out??????????? Hard to say without your elevation. post up your mods and all that good stuff in the jetting forum for a better answer.