10 mil cub build questions

im thinking of building a 10mil cub for my banshee build if i have the patience to wait till i have that kinda money.

i know the cases need to be trenched for the 10 mil and im guessing the 10mil cub cylinders are another 100 or so. are there any other mods needed engine wise to run that setup? im just trying to figure out costs.

id probably buy a crank and then buy cylinders when i can afford them. ive been slowly building a banshee piece by piece as i can afford it. thanks guys! :cheers:

I would throw on 39PWk's, billet basket, straight cuts, lock up, duneable over ride of your choice, MAX load / TZ bearings on the crank. Then for what ever fuel you want to run, you would have to decide on timing and dome choice first.

your gonna need a lockout,heavy duty clutch,big carbs and intakes,timing plate,big bore domes,TZ and max load bearings and probably an override tranny cause it won't shift with all that power on a stock one.

thanks jeff i kinda had that stuff figured. would in frame shearers do ok or would i need outta frames for it?

also so trenching the cases for the 10 mil is the only machinework needed?

my 10mm cub setup.. runs hard. consistently pull 17/40 gearing in 2nd gear with 180 pound rider and +6 swingarm with cut knarlys.

10mm cub cylinders ported by Redline Racing

10mm crank

Case trenching

Case porting

Noss head with 19cc domes

Whatever pistons it uses, i forget

V-force 3 reeds

Adj timing plate

Upp intakes

Magnum billet basket

FAST clutch

Lockup and cover

2-4 duneable

39mm pwk

K&N 8" filters

Shearer big bore inframe pipes

110 octane

I don't know what you have for a motor now but for play riding, duning etc its hard to beat a smaller motor. If you have a 4 mil cub or 7 and are getting beat dragracing then step up to a 10. If not ride someones 350 cub or 4 or 7 mil stock drag cyls or cub and see if you want more. they are all impressive motors when setup right.

I agree with radar. 4mill cubs are pretty impressive, but like everyone I've known you always wish you would have went bigger, so if your planning on building a 10mill, go with it, or your gonna be pissed at yourself if you went smaller and arent satisfied. lol

There's a 10mil crank on ebay right now, see how cheap you can get that and your on your way.

I'll tell you this, they are a blast. There has to be around 25 10mil cubs where I ride. There a great motor, and very hard to beat.

thanks guys. im building my first banshee now. my tecate was extremely fast that i built the same way frame up and ive been riding and modding streetbikes for yrs so....

i dont care how long it takes me, i just wanna build it right the first time. i hyave been planning just a 4mil stock cylinder. however i live near atco raceway in nj so i was thinking a bigger motor i could do the 1/4 mile occasionally and also play ride,drag,hillclimb etc on dirt and sand.

i was just thinking by the time i have my stock cylinders ported and top end rebuilt,bored,pistons etc, with the innitial cost of the cylinders, ill be around a grand. its not much more for cub cylinders.

4mil crank is around 450 but i can get a 10mil for less than double that.

i planned on all the mods you have tyler no matter if i go 4mil stock cylinder,10mil cub or anything in between. im honestly hesitant on starting my motor build because i cant make up my damn mind lol. so many options with banshees.