Unreal stock sand set-up

badasman

I agree on the paddle concept. When I see a bike with a 10" rim I want to cry. U mine as well be running your stock tires. I have a set of 12 paddle haulers on 8" rims with 72 rollout on my blaster and they work better than my 8 paddle haulers on 10" rim that were 74 rollout 2 seasons ago. I ran a 5.57 last weekend racing with the 12's and could only get a 5.78 in 300ft. with the 8's.

~Teddy~

Edited by feelsoright03

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tell people whats in my bikes when they ask. no need to hide it. what i am tired of is hearing that my 350's are really huge 4 mills on stock cylinders. when they are actually 65mm bore stock stroke short rod 350's... guess guys with crappy set up cubs dont like getting beat that bad by a a 350cc stocker..

Just got back from coos bay - Myself and four good friends were racing up boxcar . All our banshees are somewhat built. All are piped -advanced timing - coolheads- extented swingarms , Haulers-one friend runs race gas -ported - high compession ect. Our Banshees are not cubs or stroker bikes , but all run Strong. Anyway this guy Tom shows up , Didnt get his last name. 04 banshee - Totally stock internal motor / His setup, Toomey t6 pipes ,he said he used the toomey jet kit that came with the pipes. 6" extended swingarm , 11x12x8 haulers ,stock front tires , k&n filters off the stock carbs. Pump gas. He said his weigth was 185 /about the same as most of us.We are all very good riders , But EVERY time this guy got a fair start he would pull us about 1/2 bike length. NO / we do know how to race.Has anyone used these t6 pipes and or tire combo. I asked if I could ride his quad but he said sorry. I looked his banshee over and the motor looked to be never touched to me. Has anyone used the new t6 pipes and or this tire -Swingarm combo on a stock banshee ?? This thing was STRONG.

If there wasn't any money thrown down and the guy wasn't wearing a shirt from a local shop he's probably telling the truth. You didn't mention gearing, but a lot of people drop teeth and even though they have more throttle response in the dunes, they just don't have the topend speed as stock gearing. With just the simple mods, as you mentioned, the T6's run strong.

Is this boxcar hill long?

• 2 weeks later...

there was a guy at the sand dunes today where i ride with a "stock bore stock stroke" kawasaki 400 whichever is comparable to a 400ex, smoking ported 350s and runnin about 2 lengths behind a 4 mill... the guy had a +6 chromolly arm, marvin shaws, spindle mount fronts, drag pipe, 12 paddle extremes takin off in 3rd gear. he had an athena cylinder on it but it was a "stock bore" athena and he said he had a "stock stroke" hot rods crank.... wtf man??? people know youre full of shit

i usually say to people that question my 350's tell ya what i'll pull it apart if its NOT what i say YOU give me your bike if i'm LYIN in any way i'll GIVE you my bike.

havent pulled them apart yet.

Only time i've been beatin by something like that was when the rider was 125lbs...

Sometimes being a light guy hurts you more then helps. I have a 492 cheetah. My friend has a 472. We have same carbs, pipes, both bikes have +6 swingers. I built both motors. Can 20 cc make a big difference? I weigh 230, he weighs 135. I smoke him every time. The only thing we can figure is I get better traction.

Well oregon is diffrent people run long swing arms on anything. iv seen +8 on a piped bike +6 on a ported bike. big swingers for no reason i guess but then again those bikes were going up the big hills no problem and wheelying some of them. i guess people do bs about their bikes but then again iv seen a stock piped banshee with a +8 pull on piped 450s by at least 3-4 lenghts tuning makes a huge diffrence

• 2 months later...

i know this is an old thread but i run a stock 01 banshee with the t6 pipes and they pull.... hard. if you raced a guy on level ground, it would be close. i mean the t6s compete with even ported bikes. they produce enough torque on level ground to beat some decent bikes. now from experience, if you raced this guy up a hill and he was not bullshitting you, you wouldve smoked him no doubt. but i have raced against our other bikes and on level ground i can give them a good run for their money, but then up a hill against the same bike, i can get a good start but by the time i am half way up the hill, they just fly by me

I have a bolt on banshee, I run on race fuel , roll on super lights(8paddles though) +4 swing-arm, correct gearing. I was out at SandLake & got destroyed

by a full fender, stock swing-arm , foot guard, t5 & clamp on filter banshee. Looked like 9paddle extreme haulers though.

I was mad for the whole day, but I'm pretty sure he went for the sleeper look. His had to be atleast ported :\ . He got me off the line everytime and

beat me by atleast 1 quad length. Oh well your not alone I guess lol

• 1 month later...

I have a bolt on banshee, I run on race fuel , roll on super lights(8paddles though) +4 swing-arm, correct gearing. I was out at SandLake & got destroyed

by a full fender, stock swing-arm , foot guard, t5 & clamp on filter banshee. Looked like 9paddle extreme haulers though.

I was mad for the whole day, but I'm pretty sure he went for the sleeper look. His had to be atleast ported :\ . He got me off the line everytime and

beat me by atleast 1 quad length. Oh well your not alone I guess lol

that doesnt mean much. hell i ran my 421 cub on a stock swingarm for a minute and walked on all sorts of people

that doesnt mean much. hell i ran my 421 cub on a stock swingarm for a minute and walked on all sorts of people

paddle/rim set-up make a pretty big differnce.. if he is running a superlite series tire and you guys are running a 20-10-10 tire combo then that is a lot more rotating mass. Set up is one on the most important factors. The difference could be gearing. But, you never know, he could have done a little porting and jetted his stock carbs for it and that would make a big difference. There's a lot to factor in. JMO.