What Voids the Factory Waranty?

Doddy

If the bike is covered under the act, the dealer can not just simply say that is what caused it. They have to be able to prove without a reasonable doubt. If it was to be taken to court over paddle tires because they "said" that was the reason without proof, they would lose. You could show that more bikes have no issues running them then those that do have issues. It doesn't really matter in his case though, cause the after market part did cause the issues when it fell off the carb and let in sand or dirt.

My dealer said that paddles do not allow the tires to spin causing to much stress on the crankshaft which leads to the crank spreading and failing. I was told this when I was buying my wife's new 96. That was the response to the question of why doesn't Yamaha weld the crank at the factory. Actually, they said Yamaha does not see this as a problem on a stock bike and I said that I have seen it on a stock bike with paddles and they said that is a modified bike by Yamaha's definition and it wouild void the warranty. Luckily none of the bikes that I bought new had problems under the 3 month warranty that Yamaha put on their 2 stroke ATVs, and I new that my bikes would be getting modified so I did not purchase any kind of extended warranty because I knew it would end up being voided by the mods.

I realize how long the warranty is I was there when I bought the bike. I did buy the extended warranty however unfortunately I did take the POS TORS off and cut the wire going into the throttle.

How much did they rape you on the extended warranty? Now your gonna fix the bike yourself any ways? Did you rejet properly for the mods you did? You are better off not screwing with the dealer on this and let the guys here help out and you'll be just fine.Good luck man!

I realize how long the warranty is I was there when I bought the bike. I did buy the extended warranty however unfortunately I did take the POS TORS off and cut the wire going into the throttle.

How much did they rape you on the extended warranty? Now your gonna fix the bike yourself any ways? Did you rejet properly for the mods you did? You are better off not screwing with the dealer on this and let the guys here help out and you'll be just fine.Good luck man!

Just about any extended warranty is a rape job. Extra cash goes in to the dealers pocket. Just like going to buy a new car. Every body has to get there shot at making money. First it is the sales man. Then when you go to the finance department they try to sell you Gap Insurance, and Extended warrenty. This last time I bought a car they even said they approved me for a loan at 9% intrest. Then they acted all cool and said that I could get a loan at 6% but I would be REQUIRED to have gap insurance, but it was no big deal because my paymeant would still be a little lower than at 9% with no gap insurance.

I told them to scew off, get the loan for 6% with no GAP insurance or the deal is off. Then mysteriously they got it done.

Awe hind site is a wonderful thing isn't it. Read my sig it says RAPED by the dealership brand new in '08. They got me for all I was worth. I'm no dummy I shouldn't have bought a bike from the dealer I know that, but it was an impulse buy. Believe me when I got it home I had the worst case of buyers remorse, and I even called the dealership back to try and return it, but they wouldn't take it.

anyway...I was working on my bike last night and found the real problem. I lost two reed pedals off my V-force II which is why it wouldn't run. Thankfully none of the screw got sucked up in the motor, and the reed pedals themselves didn't get sucked up in there either just really close.

I guess that is good. Did you notice any backfiring through the carb before it quit running? The only time I broke reed peadles is when it sneezed or back fired through the carb. It actually blew the broken reed peadle back in to the air filter. Then it only ran on one cyinder real lazy and was pulling air in through the exhaust pipe.

My limited edition 2003 banshee has very low hours, and bone stock, it kicked out 114 115psi on the compression test.

I just installed a noss head and the crosshatches were still on both cylinders, and looked excellent.... So depending

on your elevation, i would say your not to bad on your compression, if your engine is all original...... Thats good you found

the problem....... If i had extended warranty, like you, and had a real issue, I would TOTALLY put it as stock as possible, and haul

that machine to the dealer...... The WORST they can do , is tell you no, and then your not out anything..... But maybe, just maybe,

they will take care of it , or pay the labor and you buy the parts......It really depends on the dealership....We have dealerships

who wont work on our chipped diesel trucks, but some, just look the other way, and try to help you out as much as they can....

They know you had a chip and exhaust, but they took on the vehicle, and did the necessary repairs...... It really just depends

on the dealer, and trying to establish a decent relationship with that dealership........... Just my two cents.........................

Awe hind site is a wonderful thing isn't it. Read my sig it says RAPED by the dealership brand new in '08. They got me for all I was worth. I'm no dummy I shouldn't have bought a bike from the dealer I know that, but it was an impulse buy. Believe me when I got it home I had the worst case of buyers remorse, and I even called the dealership back to try and return it, but they wouldn't take it.

anyway...I was working on my bike last night and found the real problem. I lost two reed pedals off my V-force II which is why it wouldn't run. Thankfully none of the screw got sucked up in the motor, and the reed pedals themselves didn't get sucked up in there either just really close.

good to see you got her fixed.