Helmet Cams

Im looking for a good Helmet/Handel Bar cam that is shock resistant (or close doesnt have to be perfect) comes with mounting hardware, internal memory chip, and mud/water proof. The cheaper the better. I wont go over 100/150.

What do you all us?

Im looking for a good Helmet/Handel Bar cam that is shock resistant (or close doesnt have to be perfect) comes with mounting hardware, internal memory chip, and mud/water proof. The cheaper the better. I wont go over 100/150.

What do you all us?

I know the GO pro helmet cam is 199.99 But its worth every penny. It comes with a plastic case and alot of mounts. Its a great helmet cam if your willing to spend more than 150, i dunno if you can find any for 100-150, maybe something off ebay or used already?

i bought a new gopro hero wide angle motorsport model camera off e-bay brand new for $115 shipped last summer. I have been very pleased with it.

If you go this route get an 8mb card and the software upgrade vs the 2mb the mfg recommends

here is a video i did with the camera

Got my GoPro wide off E-Bay right after the first of the year for around $135. They usually don't come with a memory card but they aren't terribly expensive. Good camera for the money.

i used a gopro all of last year. its solid..

i wanted to try one of the new vholdr contour hd so i picked one of those up. its a nice unit as well..

here is one of my helmet cam videos with the gopro..

Been lookin at the contour hd also loco, which one do you like better?

Loco, let me know if you ever go to Kato again. Its only about an hour south west of me. I have a few friends that go to college there and partied there a thousand times, never knew they ran hill climbs though.

june 13 at 10AM! plan on it!

man, ive been out tons of times in mankato. gotten absolutely wasted there. its a blast up there.

• 7 months later...

I have the gopro hd wide and its vary nice. I payed $280 new for mine. I used to have the first gopro and used it for a week or to and return it for the HD the HD was $100 more. But can ues a 32gb. Good luck.

Edited by dirtbike drew

Does it take the pictures like the gopro does? I don't like how all the helmet cams have the low frames per minute count. (even 60 per minute still has the shutter when viewed) The video just looks stuttered and jittery. (It's not the camera shake I'm complaining about, it's the breaks in the action. It's not smooth like a traditional camcorder.) But I did like the feature on the Gopro that allows you to set the camera to take pictures every couple of seconds. (I don't know of any digital helmet cams that can do a smooth stream video like a hand held camcorder, but at least I could get good digital pictures from every couple of seconds during my day.)

Anybody know of a way to film action without the choppy effect of missing frames in the action? (Other than hiring a helicopter to cruise along side on me with a camera operator in the door gunner's position? LOL)

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400