Trails or Dune...Which requires more skill.

Trail riders or dune riders  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well not looking to start an argument. I used to ride trails a long time ago. I can honestly say I have seen some hairy trails, but I hadn't ever been riding and thought I may possibly die doing something until I had gone to the sand dunes. I am gonna have to say, sand dunes can scare the fuck out of you, trails dont really scare me all that much.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it is worth, I always see a lot more families with little kids riding the dunes than any woods/trail park. I say the trails are harder to ride b/c you have more risk and hazards involved.

As far as skill is involved, they both take a lot of different skill if you want to do ride the bike to it’s potential.

For what it is worth, I always see a lot more families with little kids riding the dunes than any woods/trail park. I say the trails are harder to ride b/c you have more risk and hazards involved.

As far as skill is involved, they both take a lot of different skill if you want to do ride the bike to it’s potential.

And I agree with Savage. I have been doing trails for many years. So WOT for me is easy......now......I am a noob @ the dunes. I keep it stuck in 3rd b/c I feel like I am going to fly off the top of a dune, or hit a bottomless hole... LOL...

just like some trails are easier than others, some parts of the dunes are easier than others. obviously a family riding together will be riding slow and in the easier parts of the dunes. the fact that you see more families in the dunes to me just means its funner and more popular. :P

There are a ton of drunk assholes with sandrains, big 4x4 ect in most of our parks in the midwest to....Seems like trails and dunes would both be better if they were out of the picture.

I agree griggs....the 4x4's are ruining it for everyone I think...like i saw a video where a bunch of trucks were lining up and draggin?? I mean really....go to the race strip for that.

I also agree, never been to the dunes but the trails i ride (baldiwin Mi) stupid sand rails and side by sides take up the whole damn trail and you never know if your gonna meet one at the next corner, also little o is really narrow and you can only fit one quad and it goes both directions. Very fun though! Cant wait to get to the dunes and then ill let ya all know what i think after that! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Cody

so this is wide open dunes and I can go wherever I want? at one point trying to get out of this, I was in the lake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRBUrZfHcYc

I suppose this takes no talent too.

I take the Rhino out in the capitol forest all the time. There isn't anything there that gives you the vibe that it will kill you.