banshee vs 660 raptor

I am new so I gonig to say whz up to evryone on this forum. WHZ UP YAL.... I have two banshees and my buddy just got a 660 raptor and want to race me for $. I am 150 lb and he is about 175 lb. We will race on the road for 600'. He has pipe, jets, stage 2 hot cam, rev box and port n. I think dont think he has any porting done but he sed he do. I have a 2003 thats mint with PC pips / silencer, jets, lowend pawer boysen reeds, b bottle that does nothing i hear and k/n filter with air box vented. Think i will win the race or will he?

The best advice I can give you is to just GO OUT AND RACE! Who cares what wins or loses doesn't mean he plugs more females or has a cooler quad. I'm guessing your probably not racing for $1000 or anything like that so just throw a $20 on it and if you lose big fucking deal its a $20.

You have a good point but if i lose he will run his MOUTH every time i see him and his boys and he wants to put up $1000. In fact thay have been sack talking for like two week know and I want to shut them down. What do I need to smoke them jokers?

Edited by moonie

alright man we'll get you to win. What do you have for money? Whats your gearing? Whats your elevation and jetting? Pull that airbox lid right off that will squeeze a lil more out of it. Tire size and what kind of tires. i know my holeshots dont hook up very well on tar but my hard compound mud sharks love the tar. You could go out and buy a cool head modquad, noss, whatever bout $250 that will def give you the holeshot. I think you'll win as is considering its jetted right, i think you'll pull off the line and by the end of that 600ft mark hes gonna be real close. Videotape the race if you can. Do you know how to launch on tar. id go out and do some test runs first practice going through the gears on tar. Depending on the power your bikes putting out you might be able to get away with 2nd gear start on tar. If you can have someone time your 60 ft times, see if starting in 2nd will benifit.

alright man we'll get you to win. What do you have for money? Whats your gearing? Whats your elevation and jetting? Pull that airbox lid right off that will squeeze a lil more out of it. Tire size and what kind of tires. i know my holeshots dont hook up very well on tar but my hard compound mud sharks love the tar. You could go out and buy a cool head modquad, noss, whatever bout $250 that will def give you the holeshot. I think you'll win as is considering its jetted right, i think you'll pull off the line and by the end of that 600ft mark hes gonna be real close. Videotape the race if you can. Do you know how to launch on tar. id go out and do some test runs first practice going through the gears on tar. Depending on the power your bikes putting out you might be able to get away with 2nd gear start on tar. If you can have someone time your 60 ft times, see if starting in 2nd will benifit.

$300 to $400 i need the bang for the buck. My gearing is stock but i do have a brand new front sprocket with + 1. Sea level is my elevation and when I got my power pack with pro circuit exhaust, jets, kn filter and reeds. Thay gave me the right jets the thing runs good I have two of them one is a SE 06 stock almost new and it is slow compared to the 03. My tires are T/A or R/A I forget but thay are called Dirtbusters II and thay are one size op from stock. I can 2nd gear launch good I know all about it infact better than them boys thay race in first gear. I ride way better than them big mouths I just need to soup my 03 banshee to smoke fouls like them. Thay think all the stuff thay have does over 100+ mhp like the " raptor it will do 140 mph +" thats what thay say can you belive this. Thay have a yz80,rm125, kx125 and a cr250 and thay dont know that I beat the kx125 five times with the stock banshee and "it was the fastest thing" thay had before the raptor. Hook me up guys.

I have a raptor 600(686) with all the goodies and there is no way it could ever do 140mph. With stock gearing the most I'll ever get is around 78mph. But if it's a drag race my banshee will come out on top. No matter what I do on the raptor the front will always stands up and thats where the banshee runs on it.And to bring the front down and run down the banshee it's not going to happen.So if you a good rider and the gears are stock on both bikes in 600ft it's a riders race.GOOD LUCK

Thay have a yz80,rm125, kx125 and a cr250 and thay dont know that I beat the kx125 five times with the stock banshee and "it was the fastest thing" thay had before the raptor.

If the kx125 out ran the cr250 it must have had major problems, but as far as smoking the raptor, You'll need more then bolt-on's. I had a 660 that was only bored .30 over with a full exhaust, stage II hot cams, k&n with no lid and would smoke a piped shee with regular bolt-on's in a 400-600ft drag. After 600ft it would run me down fast due to it have'n more top-endbut up too that 600ft mark I'd had'em.

pull the airbox off and get some k&n pods to start off with. noss head and an adjustable timing plate set to +4 will help too. pro circuits arent a top end pipe but theyre ok. if you can find some cheap 28mm carbs, throw those on too. thats about all you can do without getting into portwork which is where the REAL power is made.

for $300-$400 the biggest bang for your buck would be getting your cylinders ported. you could also have your stock head cut to increase compression a little. the main thing as already suggested is PRACTICE. because if you cant put the power to the ground properly then theres no point in having the power to begin with. good luck and take a video of the race!

You have a good point but if i lose he will run his MOUTH every time i see him and his boys and he wants to put up $1000. In fact thay have been sack talking for like two week know and I want to shut them down. What do I need to smoke them jokers?

I will race him for $1000 :D

it was only mentioned once, but the adj timing plate will be the most noticable improvment with the smallest investment. when i bought mine, i watied a few months to put it on cuz i just wasn't that worried about it. after installing, i really regretted waiting so long to put it on. that, with some compression from either a cool head or stock shaved head, and getting the jetting spot on will be your friend. especially help if your launching in 2nd with the 15t front sprocket. good luck!!! :cheers:

You should be able to pull him. My brother had a piped and jetted raptor when they first came out and my banshee had fmf exhaust, boyseen reeds, air filter and was jetted. I beat him no problem. The 660 is also hard to launch, they want to wheelie.