Cold Blooded Banshee...Or Is It?

Alittle background on the bike. Its an 04 LE Banshee. I bought this bike last year BONE STOCK from a friend in the Military. He rode the Bike maybe 5-6 times total and just wanted to sell it. Anyways I got it, rode it maybe 3 times and then all the sudden, it wouldnt fire on the left cylinder (shifter side). I did all the trouble shooting of air, fuel, spark, and it had all three. Couldnt figure out why it wouldnt fire. So I had I had a well know mechanic tear it down and inspect it. He said the only thing he saw that was alittle noticable was coolant could have been seeping into the cylinder. So I had him send everything out to Flotek Performance for some porting. Got new piston, along with a few other parts, and this is whats going on now.

So I kick it over today. It sounds great. Letting it warm up. Give it a few quick blips of the throttle to keep the plugs clear. While its getting warmer and warmer, it seems to be running more like crap. It will idle great. You blip the throttle and it has a flat spot, and the left cylinder almost wants to die if not die and is "dieseling" Then I give it more throttle blipping it alittle faster and it seems like the cylinder comes out of the "dead" state. The exhaust gases are warm, and they seem to be firing evenly. Just every once in awhile that same cylinder I had a problem with seems to maybe be doing the same thing again. Im kinda worried. Any ideas of what to look for? Carbs not in sync? Jetting off? Do I need to close the gap on the plugs? Run a different plug? Let me know any ideas of what you all might think. Sorry for the long post.... My mods are as followed....

Flotek Extreme Trail Port

Milled head (still running pump gas)

Lightened Flywheel

EBC Clutch

Pro Design Boost Bottle and Intakes

VF3's

K&N (Open Air Box Lid)

330 Main Jets, Stock Needles, Clips on the middle lines.

TORS Delete

Toomey T-5's

Also it is around 38 degrees and winter here. I know this can have an affect on the way these things run. Just trying to be cautious and trying to touch all basis.

Thanks!

what is your pilot set at? you need to have a 27.5 in there. i would make sure your carbs are synced first.. have you pulled the jets to make sure they are clean?

Now im going by the jetting Denny told me to use @ Flotek. Its stock Pilot, 330 mains and Stock needles, clips on the half mark. Carbs have been disassembled, cleaned, etc.

well not to sound like a dick, but my shee is all modded out and im runnin stock pilots with 320 mains and dont have any probs. with the 25 pilots, my shee also was doing what yours is when i rebuilt it i put used carbs on it that i got off ebay and the seller ended up taking all the jets out of em, i put in the mains and pilots, but never even thought about the choke jet. after fuckin with my new motor for 3 days i decided to clean the choke jet, but it wasnt there, put a choke jet in it problem solved, to make a long story short check the choke jet :cheers:

well, i hate to say it but he is wrong. you need a 27.5 in there. its not getting enough gas on the low end.

I would have to agree. I had stock carbs with port work pc's and at sea level I ran a 27.5. Also ur running toomeys which is a higher rpm pipe so u will probably have to bump it up one maybe.

Edited by SD1026