realtors?

SD1026

im just getting into hill climbing and i decided to go with a 22' realtor. we hit mainly coal hills in P.A. last time we were hitting hills we didnt get to take alot of video due to major jetting issues between wacko and i. i was way too rich and wacko's bike was haveing major shifting issues.

th_jessup09004.jpg

Edited by SD1026

im just getting into hill climbing and i decided to go with a 22' realtor. we hit mainly coal hills in P.A. last time we were hitting hills we didnt get to take alot of video due to major jetting issues between wacko and i. i was way too rich and wacko's bike was haveing major shifting issues.

th_jessup09004.jpg

A 22" tire is a little big if you are wanting to do any competing. I mainly use 20" kenda radials but have 18" shredders that i have also had great luck on. Im sure there will be some people on here that will disagree with the 18" tire but i really liked them, you could get them turning easier and you can gear them pretty tall.

Edited by hillshooter421

A 22" tire is a little big if you are wanting to do any competing. I mainly use 20" kenda radials but have 18" shredders that i have also had great luck on. Im sure there will be some people on here that will disagree with the 18" tire but i really liked them, you could get them turning easier and you can gear them pretty tall.

there is no real good reason to run an 18" tire. you can gear a 20" tire to work in the same way that you can gear an 18" tire to work. the 20" tires will hook better and provide you with more tire options.

anyway, whats up man? i met you at nationals didnt i?

there is no real good reason to run an 18" tire. you can gear a 20" tire to work in the same way that you can gear an 18" tire to work. the 20" tires will hook better and provide you with more tire options.

anyway, whats up man? i met you at nationals didnt i?

Ive been good, you met my buddies Marty and Jeffery, Marty won the four stroke atv class and ive talked to ya a couple times about the tires and motor. I got a new motor by the way, its a 10mm 535 cheetah. Im just waitin on my new pipes, do a little tuning when it gets alittle warmer and i should be ready for the 2010 hillclimb season.

You got about the same motor right?

ok gearing tires???????? how do i figure that one out. im running stock gearing with 22's. so 20's will give me optamal tire spin. what gearing should i be running. i also do alot of trail rideing.

Yeah you might be able to go a little taller and get alittle more speed with the 20".

Its tuff for guys to recommend/suggest tires for this type of terrain without seeing it for themselves.

This coal stuff is so soft its crazy, a lot of the PA guys run paddles when hitting the hills.

I have tried a few different 20's out there, i wasn't even climbing anything crazy and if you don't have a lot of speed you aren't making it easily.

I started running real aggressive 22's and they seem to make a huge difference on these hills.

Loco, I know you swear by cut Knarleys but do you think they would work as well for us as they do for you?

You seem to run a harder surface.

Joey

Ive been good, you met my buddies Marty and Jeffery, Marty won the four stroke atv class and ive talked to ya a couple times about the tires and motor. I got a new motor by the way, its a 10mm 535 cheetah. Im just waitin on my new pipes, do a little tuning when it gets alittle warmer and i should be ready for the 2010 hillclimb season.

You got about the same motor right?

ah ok. yea, they are a couple of good dudes. marty is a ridin mofo and his bike was fast as hell.. damn, going big huh! that should be making some pretty good power. you planning on hittin nationals in ohio this year? shouldnt be too far of a drive for you.

ok gearing tires???????? how do i figure that one out. im running stock gearing with 22's. so 20's will give me optamal tire spin. what gearing should i be running. i also do alot of trail rideing.

check out this gearing chart. you will be able to figure out what gearing to run with either 20 or 22" tires.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/banshee.htm

Loco, I know you swear by cut Knarleys but do you think they would work as well for us as they do for you?

Joey

i doubt the cut knarlys would work too well on the coal hills, but there are some dirt tires out there that will work that arent nearly as heavy as those realtors. i havent been there myself, but i have seen people run those hills with regular dirt tires and have talked to people that run regular tires as well.

Its tuff for guys to recommend/suggest tires for this type of terrain without seeing it for themselves.

This coal stuff is so soft its crazy, a lot of the PA guys run paddles when hitting the hills.

I have tried a few different 20's out there, i wasn't even climbing anything crazy and if you don't have a lot of speed you aren't making it easily.

I started running real aggressive 22's and they seem to make a huge difference on these hills.

Joey

Sorry on an earlier post i didnt make it clear what i was talkin about, I thought we were talking about competing in hillclimbs. My posts so far have been drivin toward hard pack dirt not soft coal hills.

On the other hand I have run 20" kenda radials at the Badlands and most of it is peagravel and they seem to work very well.

Sorry on an earlier post i didnt make it clear what i was talkin about, I thought we were talking about competing in hillclimbs. My posts so far have been drivin toward hard pack dirt not soft coal hills.

On the other hand I have run 20" kenda radials at the Badlands and most of it is peagravel and they seem to work very well.

you coming to badlands the 27th?

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=126439&st=0

i also ride those coal hills and was thinking of getting the vampire tires. they should be good in that soft coal terain from what i have read/heard

Yea my boy was going to get them but they were on back order for like 3 months. He called everyplace possible willing to pay anything no one had them. It is also a extremely heavy tire.

Edited by SD1026