tt/ flat track pipes

widelock

hi this is my first post, ive been a member for about a year.the information on here has helped alot im just about done with my 4 mil. cub motor. ive got 35mm air strikers,with pod filters and un ported 421 cub cylinder and im going to run a 19 or 20 cc domes with a dyna ignition . ill mainly be running oval, but there will be some tt tracks .i have t5's now what are ur opinion's on the best pipe for tt/oval track? thanks joe

hi this is my first post, ive been a member for about a year.the information on here has helped alot im just about done with my 4 mil. cub motor. ive got 35mm air strikers,with pod filters and un ported 421 cub cylinder and im going to run a 19 or 20 cc domes with a dyna ignition . ill mainly be running oval, but there will be some tt tracks .i have t5's now what are ur opinion's on the best pipe for tt/oval track? thanks joe

Depends on where you want your power, where you ride (rpm range) and the size of the track. When leaning the PTR's are SUPER nice, no burnt pants. But if your on a big track you might want the power band higher in the rpm range, CPI's seem to be a big choice among flattracker. I have been trying a set of Power Pros, they seem to have alot more down low than the cpi's but not nearly as strong down low as the PTR's Im not sold on the power pros yet.

I just got a set of rockets, holy hell! They pull better then t5 pipes from down low, and yank my arms like a cpi up top. They'll really make that cub shine on the oval and might even make up a little bit for the cub's notorious lacking bottom end. Yes the rockets are far and few RIGHT NOW, but there is a new owner currently setting up a new deal for fresh stampings. So hang om with the t5's, and wait to see what happpens with new rockets.

• 1 month later...

X2 on the rockets. I run them on my dune ported 4mm and they have a decent low to mid and pull like a mofo up top. 12070 RPM to be exact.

your banshee pulles up to 12070 rpm's. are you talking about peak horse power, or max rpm?

i found when racing large tracks if you gear your banshee to hit your peak horse power on every straight away its a lethal combination

your banshee pulles up to 12070 rpm's. are you talking about peak horse power, or max rpm?

i found when racing large tracks if you gear your banshee to hit your peak horse power on every straight away its a lethal combination

12070 RPM is what my tach read as a max RPM last time I unleashed her. I couldn't tell you at what point or what gear I hit that though. It's way to quick to be looking down at the tach while riding.

• 4 weeks later...

12070 RPM is what my tach read as a max RPM last time I unleashed her. I couldn't tell you at what point or what gear I hit that though. It's way to quick to be looking down at the tach while riding.

not to highjack the thread but would FMF fatty's be a good pipe for a TT track? Its a little on the small side with tight turns.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...