What do you all think?

wadlesw96

Ok last weekend i poped in some new plugs because one for some reason crapped out on me. Anyway it ran great and i took it slow and got it warmed up good then i decided to drag it down the highway and it all went fine. But then on the way back as i was getting up to some good speed all the sudden it lost all power and with the clutch pulled in i coasted to a stop. The clutch works fine and it shifts like it should but when you push on the kick lever as soon as it engages the idler gear it wont go anymore. What do you all think top end? I just got done fixing the clutch so i dont think its anything under the clutch cover.

My mods are:

1996 Yamaha Banshee

.40 over with Weisco pistons and rings, case halfs hot rods crank

Cool Heads with 19cc domes

Barnett Racing clutch

200 Watt Rickey Stator

FMF power core 2 silencers with FMF gnarly pipes

Trinity Stave IV 2 in 1 carburator kit and intake with Keihin PWK 36mm carb

V Force Delta 3 reeds and cage

K&N airfilter

New coil and CDI box

1997 wiring harness

I was running 93 with 40:1 and its jetted 190 main 52 pilot is this way off? ive fouled a couple plugs and they are pretty wet when i take em out? The guy that had it before ran race fuel but he said it would run fine on 93. What do you think could be the reason it seized? I wasnt going full pin on the throttle or anything just your normal fast accelerating. Also what price range is this fix gonna be? Thanks in advance for any help. I love quads but im new to banshee's so im gonna need some tips

I'm getting ready to rebuild mine. I bought it back from the guy I swapped it to. He ran pump gas and didn't rejet for the cold weather. Burnt a hole in oneof the pistons. Pretty quick from what he said too.

Wiseco pistons look to be in the $75-100 a piece range with rings and pin. Boring can be anywhere from $35-80 a hole. Plus gaskets. Not sure what a good top end kit is going for. I usually piece mine together anymore.

Yeah ill get in there and check things out this weekend. Its pretty cold here and im not sure if it was rejetted for winter or not so that could be it? What sound would it make if their was a hole burnt in the piston? Cuz their was kind of a whooshing sound rite when it lost power but its hard to describe.

a banshee from a friend had that issue, we think it was the engine, we start to getting apart the engine then when we get to the flywheel, a bolt from the stator was loose, it was stuck around the flywheel so with the flywheel stuck the kick start wasnt able to move.....

I got lucky... Well not really. I had cleaned my Pod filters and put them back on. Well I went to get a flat head to tighten them down. Well had to take a phone call and well. All I can say is about 10mins the first night for a ride to the hill from camp a pod fell off and lean out one side, melting down a pison. But it then put me to the wonderful world of ported jugs!!!