airbox lid removal

skj283

just curious how u guys remove the lids. looks to me like they are an important part of sealing the filter. are u just cutting it across behind the first set of straps? i am curious of a good way to do it without permanantly modifiying the lid like that. also dont want to go to pods.

just curious how u guys remove the lids. looks to me like they are an important part of sealing the filter. are u just cutting it across behind the first set of straps? i am curious of a good way to do it without permanantly modifiying the lid like that. also dont want to go to pods.

They sell a filter adapter kit that attaches inside the filter box to you can clamp the filter on. They also sell a whole kit with the adapter and k&n filter and outer wear. Then you can take the lid on and off as long as you jet for it.

if you want to keep the funtion of the lid dont cut anything so you have any open holes, i removed the divider in the middle and the tunnel il get a pic tomoro if youd like

The previous owner of my shee had removed the lid and then used screws in the top to hold the filter skeleton in place. Kinda looks hillbilly but serves the purpose. I will end up doing something to it but it works for now.

i'm considering it. but thats 55 bucks and would by a billet timing plate. not ruling it out though. i dont like stuff not being "right" on anything i own.

Loosing the airbox cover will give you a noticeable increase in performance, while the timing plate is only a low end increase that is not very noticeable. Just my opinion though.

this is how i modified my air box lid, i ride lots of mud and a few small streams so i decided to keep it, grab a dremel or a hot turkey knife and go at it , this also helped dial in my jetting because it sputtered at wot then i did this and bam runs awesome

Picture047.jpg