'shee v. 700r

Banshee v. Raptor 700r  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys new to the forum and I have a question. I am a raptor guy and I have had a 'shee in the past. I am also a member of a certain other forum and we have a poll over there that poses the same question I am asking you now. I am sure you can figure out the results of the other poll without going and looking, but I am posting here not to start any trouble or anything but simply to get the other sides perspective. This will be my only post on this topic and I am leaving it all totally up to you guys. My question is stock bike v. stock bike in a 300' drag with two equally capable riders ( which means same weight and both guys know how to keep eack bike in their proper power bands) which one would win? And this is not a thread posing any question relating to modded bikes because that could go back and forth forever, and we can save it for a rainy day. But any way have at it and I hope to get to know you guys better on some other thread. :)

P.S. Some of your smilies are F'n awesome.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys new to the forum and I have a question. I am a raptor guy and I have had a 'shee in the past. I am also a member of a certain other forum and we have a poll over there that poses the same question I am asking you now. I am sure you can figure out the results of the other poll without going and looking, but I am posting here not to start any trouble or anything but simply to get the other sides perspective. This will be my only post on this topic and I am leaving it all totally up to you guys. My question is stock bike v. stock bike in a 300' drag with two equally capable riders ( which means same weight and both guys know how to keep eack bike in their proper power bands) which one would win? And this is not a thread posing any question relating to modded bikes because that could go back and forth forever, and we can save it for a rainy day. But any way have at it and I hope to get to know you guys better on some other thread. :)

P.S. Some of your smilies are F'n awesome.

wow little unfair.. fuel injected 45 horse machine that is twice the size.

have to say raptor.. but a better sounding race would be a stock 250r and a banshee

yea, seriously.... anywhere Ive ever raced in a stock class the 350 will get some spots for the motor size against a 700r.... BUT with that being said Its up to who gets the jump out the hole.... I raced a guy probally 10 times before I went 4 mill on my stocker and if I got holeshot he couldnt reel me in on a 300ft drag. If he got holeshot, same story I couldnt catch him... i dont know....Bone stock no pipes, no nothing Id say 700r. BUT its double the motor so :confused:

so i just got back from pismo and here are the results. i figured i would have the fast bike in my group (all raptors) except me and my shee.my mods r milled head, pods, vf3's, in-frame shearers, timing at +5. i think my compression is a bit low though. my one friend just got a new '09 raptor bone stock. both equal riders in weight and ability. every race which was way to many to count he was right next to me. if i got the holeshot i would just pull towards the top a little bit. if he got holeshot i would sit next to him and start making up ground towards the end but never pass. and these races were up into 4th and 5th gear. when we took his silencer out he got a slight bit faster. maybe he just got a "special" bike or something cause he did the same thing to another friends '06 700 that has exhaust intake and programmer. so stock to stock hands down the 700 :angry: sorry about the length

well as if that question isnt stupid enough, ive got another dumb one- who runs a stock banshee anyways? lol i dont know anybody who even owns a banshee with no mods. but to be serious the craptor would probly win in a stock race. i know my buddys all have raptors predators and 450s and i smoke em all with the shee :cheers:

Well im not going to jump right to conclusions. My buddy has a 700 stock and hes been draggin 300ft dirt for a while now before on a blaster. A good running stock raptor 700 will run about 5.7-5.8 same goes for a good running stock banshee. So for all of you who just jumped to conclusions what are you basing your facts on? Just like previously stated I smoked his raptor with just fmf ssts, vf2s, and a k&n with the lid off in 500ft tar and thats after he put a full lrd exhaust on it. My buddies 02 shee with just T5s and a K&N takes it in 500ft too. What it boils down to in 300ft dirt is rider skill and whos been tuning the bike.

Well im not going to jump right to conclusions. My buddy has a 700 stock and hes been draggin 300ft dirt for a while now before on a blaster. A good running stock raptor 700 will run about 5.7-5.8 same goes for a good running stock banshee. So for all of you who just jumped to conclusions what are you basing your facts on? Just like previously stated I smoked his raptor with just fmf ssts, vf2s, and a k&n with the lid off in 500ft tar and thats after he put a full lrd exhaust on it. My buddies 02 shee with just T5s and a K&N takes it in 500ft too. What it boils down to in 300ft dirt is rider skill and whos been tuning the bike.

Those both are not stock and that was the question. Stock means stock pipes, air filter, etc.

When my 87 was bone stock besides old shitty crap filled bills pipes,i raced a 2 week old stock raptor 700 on a hardpacked 800ft dragstrip about 7 or 8 times. I beat him every single time,off the line,in the middle and at the end,his front tires were always just behind my rears at the end. We switched lanes cause he bitched about traction,ect..ect..

So i would have to say if i would have had my stock pipes on he would have probably beaten me.