sometimes hard to start

rudy2191

hi everyone

i have a little issue with my banshee,at times its hard to start, like i pull the choke out and kik and kik and it wont start

but at other times it will start at the second kick, although i did notice this only sometimes happens when the bike is cold,

everything is stock, it just has the tors remover kit.

sometimes i spray starting fluid and it will turn on the second kick

once its running, it turns on the first kick.

any help will be appreciated

my air screw is about 1 3/4 out temperature in is about 60* to 80* degrees

what is the jetting of the bike?

its stock jetting on the bike, i dont remember the numbers on the pilot and main jet but when i rebuild the carb, i bought a kit from yamaha and i changed all of them

compression is great, the top end has about 5 hours into it, its only hard to start when the bike is cold.

I don't know why vendors put jets in a rebuild kit. Jets are not a wear part, they are a tuning part. Once you have jetted your bike, the only reason to change jets is for weather conditions that change or some other change to your bike, NOT because they have been in there awhile and might be wore out. I think they put them in there so they can jack up the price of the kit. My point here is that if your bike was properly jetted before the carb rebuild you should have left those jets in it.

I don't know why vendors put jets in a rebuild kit. Jets are not a wear part, they are a tuning part. Once you have jetted your bike, the only reason to change jets is for weather conditions that change or some other change to your bike, NOT because they have been in there awhile and might be wore out. I think they put them in there so they can jack up the price of the kit. My point here is that if your bike was properly jetted before the carb rebuild you should have left those jets in it.

i understand where you going, although i did check for the jet numbers to be exactly the same so i changed them new to be more on the safe side,

and i really didnt know how it ran before i got it because the top end blew out

The reason why they put jets in are for people with stock bikes and wanting to add a jet kit to their bike thinking that it will make some great performance upgrade to it.

The reason why they put jets in are for people with stock bikes and wanting to add a jet kit to their bike thinking that it will make some great performance upgrade to it.

probably for people to have the right assortment for temperature/humidity changes,which will increase performance with correct jetting for the conditions presented,now that is unless they put the stock 200 jets in there which then i agree is reatrded and a waste of time and money for the vendor if not consumer.i dont care what jet u have in there-shit is not gonna start 2nd kick in the winter.its fucking cold and nothing likes to be cold.keep kicking and pray for spring.